One more upgrade question (sorry)

Noticing with 3 weeks out, our sailing has a ridiculous amount of unsold cabins.. I've been on January cruises before where at this point there was 10-15 left, and I thought THAT was a lot.

Recently upgraded to a JS, but notice there are higher cabins available. Being diamond, (not that that's huge or anything) if we get closer to sailing, does that many cabins left increase our chances that maybe they'd start upgrading people in insides to OV, OV to Balcony, etc and we would maybe get bumped up too?

Thanks again for the responses.

Noticing with 3 weeks out, our sailing has a ridiculous amount of unsold cabins.. I've been on January cruises before where at this point there was 10-15 left, and I thought THAT was a lot.

Recently upgraded to a JS, but notice there are higher cabins available. Being diamond, (not that that's huge or anything) if we get closer to sailing, does that many cabins left increase our chances that maybe they'd start upgrading people in insides to OV, OV to Balcony, etc and we would maybe get bumped up too?

Thanks again for the responses.

Pecking order is high points P's first then work down to D+ [highest points first].

...and of course there is some secret sauce involved to reward the whales (big OBC spenders; gamblers) which no one really understands.

I also have a short cruise in Feb just made the final payment and there are a boatload of JS left (lots of other cabins too) I'm waiting for the inevitable price drop after final to maybe make a move to one of those JS (normally don't care, but we've got a triple this time and the extra space would be nice). I'm not expecting anything, but there is hope when so many cabins are still hanging there after final payment!:D

Hope it works out for you!

Like the others have said it does depend who is on board higher in C&A. In your cruise preferences have you selected that you are happy to be upgraded? If this is not selected or it says you don't want to be upgraded, you are even more unlikely to be contacted.

Let us know if you get anything, it is always nice to know ;)

Jo :)

Well, there are travel sites that can't be mentioned here that will show you ALL the open cabins in a category with little flashing arrows. But the easiest way to do it on the Royal website is to make a "mock booking" and select a category you'd like to check (interior, suites etc). The booking engine will show you a cabin # and you click below it on the big blue box that says: "Change your Stateroom".

This will generate a list of cabins...if its a big list and you notice many cabins in primo locations (such as midship), theres a good chance it's not selling too well. The closer to the final payment date (a few days before and after) that you see that many cabins still "available" means they have to fill them, and if they aren't selling at the current price...well, you do the math!:rolleyes:

Well, there are travel sites that can't be mentioned here that will show you ALL the open cabins in a category with little flashing arrows. But the easiest way to do it on the Royal website is to make a "mock booking" and select a category you'd like to check (interior, suites etc). The booking engine will show you a cabin # and you click below it on the big blue box that says: "Change your Stateroom".

This will generate a list of cabins...if its a big list and you notice many cabins in primo locations (such as midship), theres a good chance it's not selling too well. The closer to the final payment date (a few days before and after) that you see that many cabins still "available" means they have to fill them, and if they aren't selling at the current price...well, you do the math!:rolleyes:

Thanks a ton! Our final payment date was earlier this week so I'm curious how full the ship is now. We have friends that are on the fence about joining us and maybe if the ship isn't full and prices go down a bit, we have a better chance of trying convince them! :) thanks again!

Keep after it. We did Oasis in Sep. and had a JS. I watched the cabins for months (through one of those unnamed sites). The L-1 Crown Lofts (side views) were not selling. Finally 3 weeks out, the price dumped. I have a great TA. I say this because it was "new bookings only, no discounts apply." I emailed her and she "convinced" RCCL that because I was D+ and had 3 more cruises booked, etc. they should honor the upgrade. They also honored the D+ discount! Net result... L-1 CL for $150 per person more than my JS!!!

So keep up tracking. If they aren't selling, they'll suddenly drop. It won't last long (the CL's disappeared in hours), so be diligent, and don't hesitate to use your Diamond status to help convince RCCL to upgrade you if you "technically" don't qualify due to some restrictions. Good luck!