How do you find your shore excursion?

We are booked on a few shore excursions thru Royal. How do we meet up with the others on the excursion? And it is at say, 10:30. Is that when we meet up or when the excursion actually starts (e.g. swim with the dolphins, so we'd meet up at say 9:30 to start the swim portion at 10:30)? Sorry for the stupid question….

We are booked on a few shore excursions thru Royal. How do we meet up with the others on the excursion? And it is at say, 10:30. Is that when we meet up or when the excursion actually starts (e.g. swim with the dolphins, so we'd meet up at say 9:30 to start the swim portion at 10:30)? Sorry for the stupid question….

When you get the excursion tickets, there will be a section on the ticket that says when and were to meet.

As Bob says, your tickets will explain. The tickets will be in your cabin.

In our experience, all of the meeting places are on the ship - eg, some bar, our lounge. Then a Royal representative walks you off the ship and hands you off to the next party to take you on the excursion. That is the beauty of a ship-excursion - just meet where you are told, and follow instructions.

Note:

If you are on the Western and sailing into Jamaica and Cozumel build in a little extra time to get to your meeting place on shore........those piers are long and it takes awhile to walk!!!!

Also if on Grand Cayman a tender port, really check to see what tender you need to catch to get to your excursion on time, sometimes the tendering portion can really be packed and slow you down especially if you have to wait.

Sea Ya

Also, when you get ashore, there will be lots and lots of RCL Explorations! staff (they wear RC nametags like all the ships crew) and they are there to help you find your group, answer questions etc. It's super easy, but as others said, leave a little extra time for debarking in case of a few people in front of you on the gangway or a long walk down the pier.

Have fun!!:D

You may wind up waiting in the cruise terminal, if you get off the ship too early. We had an excursion in St. John, New Brunswick and got off the ship about 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled departure of the tour bus. Because they had various tours leaving every 15 minutes, they asked people with 10am tours to wait until the 9:45 buses had left.

Hi

I have sailed the Eastern and Western itineraries on Allure. I have never had a meeting point within the ship. Like it has been said before, the meeting place and time will be on the tickets.

I think you will be on the Western won't you? For me, I had the following meeting points; In Labadee the meeting point was a hut on the island just at the end of the pier. They then pointed you to another area after checking your ticket. In Jamaica you had to walk down the pier, right through the square and there was a huge marquee where groups were going from. In Cozumel, after walking down the pier we were met just before the exit out of the port area.

Of course, every tour is different and there are always lots of people who can help. I agree to leave plenty of time of get off. Better to be early and avoid any unnecessary stress :)

Have a wonderful trip!

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

Not a stupid question at all. As others have said, your tickets will be in your stateroom and will tell you where and when to meet. I have had excursions start on the ship or off, it all depends. If you meet off the ship at the pier there are many people with holding signs with excursion names on them. They all know each other and if I can't find mine I just ask someone holding a sign and they are happy to point me the right direction. I have had excursions start late because we were missing people.

Most excursions that are scheduled to start as soon as the ship docks meet on the ship. Later tours usually meet on the dock. Read your ticket carefully. It usually specifies the meeting time as 15 minutes before the start of the tour. I once almost missed a tour because I just read the tour tour start time. Under that it specified to meet 15 minutes prior to the start time. The whole group wa on the bus and waiting for me. They were about to leave. AND I thought I was getting there a few minutes early!:o I then spent about 10 minutes apologizing to everyone.

On other ships, we've had meeting places on board, but not Allure. Our tickets just said to meet on the pier, but there was no one alongside. We did find someone who told us to walk from the pier to the port shops (this was in St. Thomas), and there we found the staff member with the sign for our group.

If it's not clear from what is printed on your tickets, I suggest going to the shore excursion reservation desk and asking for further clarification.

Have a great cruise!