Only One US Outlet in SPLENDOR Stateroom - Bring a European Adapter

SailorInaPastLife

Just bought the euro/USA adapter plug on ebay..$1 free ship

Those 99 cents or Dollar Stores will have these - along with Radio Shacks, and, most likely - at some Walmart & Target's. Since we travel year-round, we always put/keep one in the toiletry/gagdet pouch & leave it in the packing tube. This particular type "mate" perfectly with those in the stateroom & will not come loose as it is flushed up against the wall outlet.

It comes in handy not just with CCL, but also for NCL and RCI, and most likely all other lines around the globe. For obvious & safety reasons, always unplug the device/appliance when it is not in use & while out of the cabin.

1155835026_USAtoEuro-Asia220Adapter.JPG.abbe74969231f129c977e412fa1fc433.JPG

Edited by mking8288

Just bought the euro/USA adapter plug on ebay..$1 free ship

sailing the Splendor in 39 days

Just remember that an adapter does not step down the 220v to 110v. Make sure anything you plug into it specifically states that it supports 220v input. A Converter is required instead of an adapter if you want to plug in standard American 110v devices.

Edited by Miller_KC

• 1 year later...

There is one North American 110v and one 220v (usually Euro but can be British flat) outlet.

Check the voltage on the electronics. Many these days are dual voltage so only need an adapter not a converter.

Search CPAP. Lots of good ideas

Edited by SadieN

I read on a Splendor review that there was only one space for one plug in the staterooms, one space not one outlet with space for two plugs. I use a CPAP and the outlet is next to the vanity near the front door. What I did not expect was a European plug also by the vanity and two for the lights near the head of the beds. Also there is a European plug by the vanity. Housekeeping could not supply an adapter. Guest services said the onboard shops might have one for sale. I traveled to Europe this summer and bought 6 adapters for $6 but had not brought one because I forgot that the Splendor was supposed to have been a Costa ship. Anyways, until Carnival gets smart enough to make guests happy by providing adapters they could supply for 25 to 50 cents each, I recommend checking if your electronic chargers, etc. can support European power and bringing an adapter. We were able to use my CPAP and charge Ipods, Ipads, laptops, and phones on our European trip.

It's not just the Splendor, it's the same on every CCL I been on.

I have to say I am a bit "shocked" (LOL!) about this. I have done mostly Disney cruises and there is an outlet on each night stand so each person has one at night.... I gotta figure this out now.

WHERE exactly is the one plug?

I guess my husbands CPAP machine needs to take priority..darn (jk). I DO have a white noise App on my iPhone...

• 3 years later...
Can't speak for the Splendor specifically, but did you check to see what voltage the European outlet was? Generally, these are 220v, which is not a problem for things like laptop and phone chargers, but would kill your CPAP machine in a heartbeat. An adapter will not change the voltage but will only change the plug pin shape and configuration.

I travel with a CPAP. The power supply is dual voltage. It can be plugged into 110 or 220. Most phone/usb/tablet chargers are also dual voltage. To use the 220 plug on the cruise ship you will need an adaptor. I also travel with a power strip. Be careful that your power strip is not a surge protected strip. Cruise lines are prohibiting them.:):)clear.png?emoji-smile-1742