Independance OS Entertainment

What entertainment is scheduled for the IOS on 20 April 14? Just left LOS 12/7 sailing and shows were great.

Indy has 3 different production shows and the typical headliners you see on cruise ships.

If you want specifics, about 3 weeks before the cruise, send an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com.[/noparse]

Bear in mind that they will tell you who is scheduled to be on board, but they won't be able to give you exact dates and times of performances.

Edited by clarea

Just got off Independence last Sunday, Dec 15. There were three production shows. I especially liked "Come Dance with Me" and "Center Stage". The "Once Upon a Time" show is a puzzlement to me. It goes through various children's stories such as Cinderella and Wizard of Oz. These are set to popular music, but not especially current music. Why I didn't care for this show is that it is too slow and muscially uninteresting for children, yet at the same time, too child-oriented for adults. Hubby fell asleep.

There were also a ventriloquist one night and a comedic juggler the last night. We've seen this juggler several times on other ships. The CD hyped the ventriloquist big time, saying he had been trying for a year to book this act. Every seat was filled in the theater. People were sitting on stair steps. Some actually stood in the back. The usual arguments over seat-saving were even more heated.

Well, guess what! Folks really didn't need to inconvenience themselves. This was one of the least interesting acts I have ever seen on a cruise ship in ten years. Hubby and I slunk out fifteen minutes early. We just couldn't take anymore. Luckily we were in the very last row of the highest tier of balconies.

The first headliner show was a singer-imitator-dancer named Fines (pronounced like "finest". who performed with the orchestra. He was amazing. The show went by very fast because he really kept the audience entertained and did a wide variety of music from different decades even including current acts such as Cee Lo and Ne Yo, even Coldplay, but also late greats such as Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior and his best act, Michael Jackson. I'd gladly see Fines again anytime.

Of course, you might not have any of these headliners on your cruise. The production shows are likely to be the same, however.

Just got off Independence last Sunday, Dec 15. There were three production shows. I especially liked "Come Dance with Me" and "Center Stage". The "Once Upon a Time" show is a puzzlement to me. ...

Don't they have "Invitation to Dance" anymore? I know the lack of that show will be a major disappointment to Ocean Boy.

Edited by clarea

Don't they have "Invitation to Dance" anymore? I know the lack of that show will be a major disappointment to Ocean Boy.

You know what? I think "Invitation to Dance" is the correct name of the show I called "Come Dance with Me." I really enjoyed that show and hope to see it again sometime. I loved the music, the choreography, the costumes and the orchestra accompanyment.

You know what? I think "Invitation to Dance" is the correct name of the show I called "Come Dance with Me." I really enjoyed that show and hope to see it again sometime. I loved the music, the choreography, the costumes and the orchestra accompanyment.

"Invitation to Dance" is the one where they have a special ballroom dance couple perform, in addition to the regular dancers.

There were also a ventriloquist one night and a comedic juggler the last night. We've seen this juggler several times on other ships. The CD hyped the ventriloquist big time, saying he had been trying for a year to book this act. Every seat was filled in the theater. People were sitting on stair steps. Some actually stood in the back. The usual arguments over seat-saving were even more heated.

Well, guess what! Folks really didn't need to inconvenience themselves. This was one of the least interesting acts I have ever seen on a cruise ship in ten years. Hubby and I slunk out fifteen minutes early. We just couldn't take anymore. Luckily we were in the very last row of the highest tier of balconies.

That was the night We ate at Giovanni's. We ended up hitting the early seating show and we got there 30 minutes before the show and it was full. We left and didn't stay for it. Every other show we arrived 10 minutes before show time and got good seats for all the other shows. I suspect that early seating shows are more crowded than late seating ones. In glad we didn't miss much.

Invitation to Dance/Come Dance with Me and Once Upon a Time are horrible. Like, outdated, cheesy, worse than a high school performance...just plain bad. My ten year old wasn't even entertained. (Ocean Boy, back me up.)

The ice show was entertaining, and the headliners were pretty good when we were on.

It is high time Indy updated their main production shows!