Favorite Port

Chmielel

My favorite ports are all in Europe, so here are my various categories:

Best port in terms of spending time in nearby city before departure or after cruise: Civitavecchia (Rome)

Ease of getting to/from port for embarkation/disembarkation: Barcelona

Best sail in/sail out: Venice

Although it doesn't top any of the three above categories, Istanbul would be my second choice in ALL of them, so therefore I would also rank it very highly.

When I lived just outside of NYC, I never thought of it as my favorite port, but for embarkation it certainly was and I boarded there on the Noordam twice and on Veendam once.

My favorite ports to visit are Quebec City and Curacao. After my fall TA, I know I'll add Barcelona to the list.How could I forget PEI where I got the most delicious mussels and lobster ever.

Edited by mamaofami

Too bad it can't be your home port because I, too, love Vancouver! Next candidate- Amsterdam, loved it. Favorite port to visit: Santorini, it's magical when you sail into that caldera at sunrise, plus I loved our visit there. Mind you, Dubrovnik was awesome, too. How do you decide?

Favorite embarkation ports are the east coast ones we can drive to. So much easier/pleasant than using the old luggage scale and flying. Four of us rented a van and drove to New York to embark one time and saved about 75% over the airfare. We park and cruise out of the Florida ports.

Favorite port: Santorini with its breathtaking beauty