Help with Miami hotel pleeeease!

beckyk329

We are cruising on the Victory on Feb.3 2014.

We are a family of 5, and will be driving down to Tampa on Saturday (want to see my Dad :)... spending most of the day Sunday, and had every intention of driving pretty close to Miami and staying Sunday evening to board Monday. The problem I've come across is all the Miami area hotels are app. 200$ that night! yikes! (some less, some more) I do not want to spend that much! I just want to avoid a 4-5 hr drive Monday morning, not make a vacation day out of it! I want my extra time spent with my father, and was planning on leaving him like 6-7 on Sunday.

Where can we stay that won't break the bank just to sleep and shower? even if it's an hour or so away from port. That wouldn't be so bad... any ideas? Thanks!

The FLL area is only about 45 minutes from POM, and farther north Palm Beach is just over an hour from Miami. Prices should be lower than in Miami.

Some of the budget spots neat MIA are often suggested - La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North are often suggested on these boards.

Using the Promo Code: H O M E D L (without the spaces) for your date I'm getting a rate of $116 at the Peters Road LaQuinta in Plantation for a room with two double beds and $108 for two full beds at the 6th Street location just a couple blocks away. The Peters Road hotel is a bit nicer and has easier access from I-595.

I'm also getting $103.20 for the Miami Lakes location (Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence) and $111.20 for the Miami Airport East.

The Sleep Inn & Suites in Fort Lauderdales is $149 per night for a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa bed. The room has a mini fridge and microwave. Also, a free hot breakfast. It is about a 40 min drive to the port. If you have AAA, AARP, Govt, Military or other kind of discount, you can save a little more.

We stayed here before our last cruise and it was fine. Had a 24 hr Walgreens next door and a grocery store with a few restaurants across the street. The hotel was clean, pool area nice, and Mgt very kind. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I love the Hampton Inn for it's excellent service and food. Most of the rooms I've stayed in are really nice and usually you can get a deal at Reservation Scanner for about 70% less than tarrif at any time of year. The view over the lagoon at this hotel is awsome too even if you are coming from your second week at sea :)

we have used La quinta inn Miami airport east a couple times and have been satisfied with it. They are usually pretty decent price and offer free parking for duration of cruise if you want. They will also shuttle you to the port before included as well. Then you can just get a cab once back after.

I just got four rooms at the Haddon Hall Hotel on Collins Ave. South Beach for $74 Canadian each! That was on Hotels dot ... and it has parking. One night. We're all going on Costa's Luminosa on the 5th.

You need to be very worried about a hotel that is only charging $74 per night when everything else, even the druggie/prostitution hotels are going for $200 per night.

Using the Promo Code: H O M E D L (without the spaces) for your date I'm getting a rate of $116 at the Peters Road LaQuinta in Plantation for a room with two double beds and $108 for two full beds at the 6th Street location just a couple blocks away. The Peters Road hotel is a bit nicer and has easier access from I-595.

I'm also getting $103.20 for the Miami Lakes location (Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence) and $111.20 for the Miami Airport East.

What does H O M E D L stand for?

Edited by Sparky2

BlueHerons says: You need to be very worried about a hotel that is only charging $74 per night when everything else, even the druggie/prostitution hotels are going for $200 per night.

I agree, but that hotel is charging $259 for December bookings. I have no idea why it popped up on Hotels.com - Feb 4 at $74 - but I jumped on it quick as old St. Nick!

BlueHerons says: You need to be very worried about a hotel that is only charging $74 per night when everything else, even the druggie/prostitution hotels are going for $200 per night.

I agree, but that hotel is charging $259 for December bookings. I have no idea why it popped up on Hotels.com - Feb 4 at $74 - but I jumped on it quick as old St. Nick!

Make sure they aren't rooms with one twin bed unless that will work for you.

Good luck! Hope it was just a pricing glitch!

I love the Hampton Inn for it's excellent service and food. Most of the rooms I've stayed in are really nice and usually you can get a deal at Reservation Scanner for about 70% less than tarrif at any time of year. The view over the lagoon at this hotel is awsome too even if you are coming from your second week at sea :)

Out of curiosity I quoted some dates in San Juan, that site is showing higher rates than what are available on numerous other booking sites:rolleyes: