Advantages of buying drink package on line before boarding

WWbytheSEA

:( Bad news. We were on the Serenade and the only football we were able to watch was the Monday night game on ESPN!!!

I'm not sure what the other ships offer??? Maybe its dependant on the itenerary or what sateliite they have???

Ok thanks -- Have a great holiday

Edited by WWbytheSEA

This past July when we were on the Allure, they wanted to see the sticker on your sea pass before you got your cup filled at most bars. So. dont know if they are wondering if one person in a cabin is just purchasing and others using cup, or if people are "finding" old cups and re-cruising and using.

Sea Ya

:( Bad news. We were on the Serenade and the only football we were able to watch was the Monday night game on ESPN!!!

I'm not sure what the other ships offer??? Maybe its dependant on the itenerary or what sateliite they have???

Just off Oasis, they had one 1Pm game, one 4pm game, SNF and MNF on room TVs and in certain venues Good luck

For those of you planning to buy the soda package on ships with a Freestyle Machine I strongly recommend buying it ON BOARD and not ahead of time.

We booked ahead of time on Allure, and then couldn't get Freestyles until they opened up the cabins for us to get our cups that were waiting for us.

On Enchantment last week we bought it as soon as we boarded and had a Freestyle in hand about three minutes after setting foot on the ship!

That wouldn't be a terribly big deal to me. I always get the soda package but I only drink 2 or 3 sodas a day. We normally board early(11:00 a.m) so I would only be about 2 hours without the cup. In that time I probably would not have a drink any way.

Maybe they ran out of the preprinted cards for your cruise?

I figured we booked the alcohol package too late, but I booked it same time as the soda for my son and he had a preprinted. I always get the wine package and never have trouble with the stickers anyway

We prepaid for the premium drink package on the thanksgiving cruise and there was a sticker on the sea pass card. It was not embossed but this was the first cruise on FOS with the addition of all the drink packages.

Do I have this right?

If I order a package with alcohol ahead of time, I will still get a sticker.

If I order a SODA package ahead of time, I don't get a sticker but it's embossed or something with the info.

That's what this is all sounding like.

What about the new packages like Refresh or Ultimate when ordered ahead of time? Stickers? Embossing? Combo?

The minutiae become important the closer the cruise gets! :cool:

My husband has had the sticker on every cruise he has been on, has his card in his pocket all the time including the pool and hot tub, NEVER has the sticker fallen off. I really don't think this is going to be an issue unless you pick at it.

Lol. Was thinking the same thing. Are there really this many people concerned over having a sticker vs. printed on the card? sheeesh

FYI

In the event your Seapass is demagnetized you will need to have it replaced so whether you have a pre-printed card when you first board, or you get a sticker after you board it wont matter.

On board you will need to get a new card and guess what, a new sticker. By the way stickers are controlled by the Bar Staff and not guest relations, so 2 visits are needed.

Just had this happen last week.

Enjoy!

• 2 years later...
Bob is there any price difference in buying online or on the ship ?

Thanks

Not always, but there have been pre-cruise drink promos lately for some sailings. Additionally, there have been promos for UK bookings where drink packages are included in the price of the sailing.

Not always, but there have been pre-cruise drink promos lately for some sailings. Additionally, there have been promos for UK bookings where drink packages are included in the price of the sailing.

Wouldn't that be a fine thing

To buy a soda package on board, do you just go to the bar?

I leave on Sunday and want to use my OBC for my sodas package.

Yes, any bar will sell you a package. Also, there will be tables set up with crewmembers selling packages as you board.

As Bob mentioned, there will be no lack of places to buy any of the drink packages onboard. Any bar or one of the many, many tables set up can get you taken care of easily. On embarkation, you can't move it seems more than 50 feet without another opportunity to buy.

Bob is there any price difference in buying online or on the ship ?

Thanks

We bought when the 30% sale came out and got it for $44. The same package was $58 when we boarded. So there is a huge advantage to buying on line if there is a sale on your particular cruise

Our October 2017 is already showing a sale so I will probably buy it soon.