Is there a trick to booking a solo cabin on the Celebrity website?

timtam2

I have never travelled solo on Celebrity before - I put a courtesy hold on a cabin a few hours ago and selected '1' passenger from the drop down menu - I have just gone back in to the reservation now to pay a deposit and it has me as Guest 1 and Guest 2 as TBA - and it won't let me get past that or remove Guest 2. Just to check I didn't make a mistake, I booked another cabin as a test, and it's the same thing. It's bad enough that solos pay double the fare but now it seems the website is trying to tell me something! Is there a way to get past this without having to call them? I never have this problem when booking solos cabins on RCI

I booked our cabins as solo travelers but did it over the phone with Celebrity. My booking only shows 1 passenger per cabin, there is no "2nd passenger TBA" but I can't imagine this will be an issue.

I haven't booked a solo cabin before on Celebrity, but on another cruise line there was the same wording of "2nd passenger TBA." I think just because some people will add the 2nd passenger at some point prior to final payment. If not, then cruise fare will be 2 regular fares with only 1 set of taxes.

Now if they were to give some sort of break on the single supplement that would be a dream come true. :cool:

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

I have never travelled solo on Celebrity before - I put a courtesy hold on a cabin a few hours ago and selected '1' passenger from the drop down menu - I have just gone back in to the reservation now to pay a deposit and it has me as Guest 1 and Guest 2 as TBA - and it won't let me get past that or remove Guest 2. Just to check I didn't make a mistake, I booked another cabin as a test, and it's the same thing. It's bad enough that solos pay double the fare but now it seems the website is trying to tell me something! Is there a way to get past this without having to call them? I never have this problem when booking solos cabins on RCI

The interface is a bit kludgy - go figure!.

I think I can guess what the issue might be. When you click the dropdown to "1", you then need to hit the "Apply" button, and then it will refresh.

If you just click the book button it ignores that you've set it to 1, and just keeps the default of "2".