reasons why price increases..

fishycomics

So I now wonder what Celebrity- the higher end of Royal will do?

† ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO $10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS $65.00 PER BARREL

So I now wonder what Celebrity- the higher end of Royal will do?

† ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO $10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS $65.00 PER BARREL

Celebrity has same policy, as do most lines. I haven't heard of any line actually imposing the fee though:

†Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel. The fuel supplement for the 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day to a maximum of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

Price has been above $65 per barrel for some time now; $97 this week. In all my cruises, Celebrity has not imposed the fuel supplement. Any recent cruisers can confirm the same.

WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE CRUDE OIL PRICES

Fuel Prices for the week of 11/22/13

December 11, 2013

December 10, 2013

December 9, 2013

December 6, 2013

December 5, 2013

December 4, 2013

December 3, 2013

December 2 , 2013

November 29, 2013

November 27, 2013

November 26, 2013

November 25, 2013

November 22, 2013

$97.25 bbl

$98.32 bbl

$97.10 bbl

$97.48 bbl

$97.14 bbl

$96.97 bbl

$95.83 bbl

$93.61 bbl

$92.55 bbl

$92.05 bbl

$93.41 bbl

$93.86 bbl

$94.53 bbl

Celebrity has same policy, as do most lines. I haven't heard of any line actually imposing the fee though:

†Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas Intermediate fuel exceeds $65 per barrel. The fuel supplement for the 1st and 2nd guests would be no more than $10 per guest per day to a maximum of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more than $5 per person per day, to a maximum of $70 per cruise.

Love how it starts out from this

to yours.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Appreciate your time. I wonder if it goes up from the todays price to $65.01. Understanding we are paying already in the cruise, that we agreed as our contract.

2uonds7.jpg

If memory serves me ....all the lines did use this as a reason to increase revenue when they first implemented this policy years ago .. the backlash was so loud from consumers that the industry just rolled it up in the pricing.. I believe they keep it posted "just in case"

We had a couple of cruises where it was imposed (probably 6 or 7 years ago). The earlier poster was right, the outcry was pretty loud (you could get hit with an additional $280 in charges days or weeks before you sailed) and so they just factored it into the pricing and still kept the potential of additional charges if the price goes haywire.