Transportation from SeaTac Airport to the Seattle Cruise Port

julenow

Does anybody have info regarding the best way for two people to get to the cruise port from the airport in Seattle? Cab or ships transfers?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are you flying in the night before and staying at a hotel? a lot of hotels offer cruise packages and will take you to the cruise pier. When we did an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle we stayed at a Best Western (I believe) close to the airport that picked us up at the airport, brought us to the hotel. Then next morning they took us to the cruise pier. Following the cruise they picked us up at the pier and took us back to the airport. There are hotels downtown that will take you at least to the pier. We did not care if we stayed downtown as we used to live in Seattle and had been downtown many times. But it is a nice place to see if you have never been there.

I see from your question that you were asking about from the airport to the cruise terminal. Well, first of all it depends on what cruise line you are on, as there are 2 different piers in Seattle. Some cruise lines use Pier 66 in downtown Seattle and others use Pier 91 a little north of downtown which makes Pier 91 a little further from the airport which is south of Seattle. A cab ride to Pier 66 is about $50, and to Pier 91 about $60. Of course that depends on traffic, and Seattle is famous for its traffic congestion. You can also look into Shuttle Express from the airport to the piers and that would be a flat rate. You can check them out at www dot shuttleexpress dot com/cruises.

When I was researching this a couple of years ago the cruise line we were going on charged about $100 for both of us one way between airport and cruise pier.

Hope this helps.

Does anybody have info regarding the best way for two people to get to the cruise port from the airport in Seattle? Cab or ships transfers?

I just received a confirmation from Holland America for a two week Alaskan cruise R/T from Seattle for this July. The transfers both initially from the airport to the cruiseport and after the cruise back to the airport were $56 pp total for both rides.

Scott & Karen

I see from your question that you were asking about from the airport to the cruise terminal. Well, first of all it depends on what cruise line you are on, as there are 2 different piers in Seattle. Some cruise lines use Pier 66 in downtown Seattle and others use Pier 91 a little north of downtown which makes Pier 91 a little further from the airport which is south of Seattle. A cab ride to Pier 66 is about $50, and to Pier 91 about $60. Of course that depends on traffic, and Seattle is famous for its traffic congestion. You can also look into Shuttle Express from the airport to the piers and that would be a flat rate. You can check them out at www dot shuttleexpress dot com/cruises.

When I was researching this a couple of years ago the cruise line we were going on charged about $100 for both of us one way between airport and cruise pier.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your responses, very helpful. We are doing Holland America's Alaskan cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My family and I hired an SUV to take us from Space Needle area down to pier 91 for cruise and then back to SEATAC upon return. The guys were very professional, courteous and PROMPT! I think $80 both ways for four people with lots of luggage. Found them on a google search.

We would just reiterate a basic rule of thumb often expressed by many frequent cruisers and CC posters. It is never a good idea to fly-in to a embarkation port on the day of a cruise. Put quite simply, it does not make sense to risk the joy of a cruise vacation on the whims of any airline! So, informed travelers would avoid the situation of having to get directly from SEATAC to the pier as their should be an intervening hotel :). And that is an entirely different issue.

Hank