How long (time wise) is the chefs table experience?

During the dinner, it's very laid back at least it was on the Pride last year. If you have to go, go. It's like a nice dinner. There is nothing stopping you. But be prepared for a culinary experience. It is something I will always look to do from here on out. FYI, this same experience is NOT available on every ship in Royal Caribbean to my dismay.

During the dinner, it's very laid back at least it was on the Pride last year. If you have to go, go. It's like a nice dinner. There is nothing stopping you. But be prepared for a culinary experience. It is something I will always look to do from here on out. FYI, this same experience is NOT available on every ship in Royal Caribbean to my dismay.

Thanks for in reply!!!

Once we did 4 or 5 of them, we lost interest. But who knows... with a new menu or other factors, we might give it a go again!

Tom

Once we did 4 or 5 of them, we lost interest. But who knows... with a new menu or other factors, we might give it a go again!

Tom

We have done five as well. Doing one on the Oasis in March to compare. A new menu sure would not hurt us considering to do another on Carnival. I thought they had said there supposed to be a new menu announced right about now.

We have done five as well. Doing one on the Oasis in March to compare. A new menu sure would not hurt us considering to do another on Carnival. I thought they had said there supposed to be a new menu announced right about now.

Do you have a pic that's readable of the menu?? Or can you tell me what's on it??

I only did one, but I was under the impression that the head chef creates the menu according to the participants and available supplies. The maître d came by the night before to check on allergies and such. I still have my menu somewhere. I will try to find it and post.

I only did one, but I was under the impression that the head chef creates the menu according to the participants and available supplies. The maître d came by the night before to check on allergies and such. I still have my menu somewhere. I will try to find it and post.

There's ONE menu, and it's fleet wide. They leave basically nothing (perhaps some touches, but I don't know) up to the actual chef on the ship.

Tom

Do people ever sign up for these by themselves, and not as part of a couple? I'm traveling with my 2 college age daughters, and they are not interested in this.

Everyone sits at one long table?

I'm sure you can. I've been told it's a group of twelve people total. Not all from the same groups cruising together.

Do people ever sign up for these by themselves, and not as part of a couple? I'm traveling with my 2 college age daughters, and they are not interested in this.

Everyone sits at one long table?

Yep - sign yourself up!

There have been "singles" at every one we've done on Carnival and NCL.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi :)

My wife & I have had the pleasure to enjoy many Chef Table experiences

over the years. Our last one was aboard the Carnival Splendor.

Typically they are 3 hours long. However this one lasted just under

four hours. We had an outstanding chef, a chatty table of 14 people,

the chef talked a lot, we asked him tons of questions, & the wine kept flowing.

I wish it were even longer than 3 or 4 hours! The longer, the better!

Its a terrific experience..

Here is our menu..

SplendorChefTable_zpsf5681ca4.png

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Do you have a pic that's readable of the menu?? Or can you tell me what's on it??

I found one from the Pride in 2012 . Here it is:

Reception - ahi tuna tatar, wasabi crisp

Duck pot sticker - steak taco

Avocado cheesecake

Menu - Norwegian salmon tartar

Avocado mousse, salmon caviar

Fire roasted tomato and poblano chili bisque

Grilled corn, cilantro drizzle

Rock shrimps and apple beignets

Tapioca crunch, garlic lemon aioli

Chopped Mediterranean salad

Shaved pumpkin, feta cheese crumble

Fillet of Chilean sea bass

Wine stewed shallots and chive vinaigrette, leeks emulsion, peas risotto

Aged filet mignon

Onion streusel, homemade three pepper mustard

Dessert was something like 1000. Tastes. Little samples of things all over the plate. This is the old menu. Short ribs have replaced the fillet. As you can see it is eclectic. The wife does not participate (her tastes are say we say a bit more conservative) I go with others in the group.

I could not find the new menu in our cruise collection box, hope this helps.

Hi :)

My wife & I have had the pleasure to enjoy many Chef Table experiences

over the years. Our last one was aboard the Carnival Splendor.

Typically they are 3 hours long. However this one lasted just under

four hours. We had an outstanding chef, a chatty table of 14 people,

the chef talked a lot, we asked him tons of questions, & the wine kept flowing.

I wish it were even longer than 3 or 4 hours! The longer, the better!

Its a terrific experience..

Here is our menu..

SplendorChefTable_zpsf5681ca4.png

:)

Dang I wish I saw you posted that as I was typing. Op, this scan is the new menu and should be a better reference than mine (although I liked the old one better).