Gelato

lljost

I am sure this has been asked before but I was unable to find the answer. What ships currently sell gelato in the International Cafe? I have been on the Golden, Grand, Star, Sapphire and Caribbean and have never seen it offered. Did I just miss it or is it only a few select ships? I appreciate any help.

Ruby, Crown, Emerald and Royal Princess.

Not sure about the Caribbean Princess.

The other ships that were retrofitted with an International Cafe do not, due to lack of space.

No, International Cafe on Caribbean Princess does not have gelato.

Thanks everyone! I forgot we were on the Crown a few years ago, I think it may have been it's first year out. It was the first ship we were on with the IC and I really didn't pay much attention then as I assumed (wrongly) that it was all for fee. Have learned a lot since then... :)

Just a small technicality, but on Royal Princess the gelato isn't served at the International Cafe, but in a fully dedicated venue called 'Gelato' which is located across The Piazza from the IC.

They not only serve gelato, but also have banana splits, pineapple splits, waffle cones, sundaes, alcoholic sundaes (Irish Creme or Frangelica), and sweet crepes. They have about 20 different different toppings too.

Three scoops will cost $2.75 or you can also use your Cafe Selects card for any of these treats, with all of the goodies 'costing' you a single punch, and the alcoholic sundaes 'costing' you two punches.

11487318114_e273099b48_c.jpg

11487416266_d89bc5e472_c.jpg

11487410666_7e69e8e520_c.jpg

11487425473_cfea584bc0_c.jpg

11487293155_8c0d0f6744_c.jpg

11377259165_01d6679abd_c.jpg

On two days of our cruise, we had sundaes there for lunch. Both days I had the Frangelica (really good) and Mort had strawberry (no alcohol). Used our coffee card. Enjoyed our gelato sundaes while watching the various dancing sessions in the Piazza. Wish we were back on the ship right now.

Cindy

Oh, I am SO looking forward to the Gelato!:p

Try the Brownie Blast sundae with the Nutella gelato, it is to die for! Seriously. I had two of them (not on the same day, mind you ;)). I also had both the Irish Sundae and Frangelico Sundae, both were very good, but I liked the Irish Sundae much better. And the Butter Pecan was fantastic! Yum!!!

On two days of our cruise, we had sundaes there for lunch. Both days I had the Frangelica (really good) and Mort had strawberry (no alcohol). Used our coffee card. Enjoyed our gelato sundaes while watching the various dancing sessions in the Piazza. Wish we were back on the ship right now.

Cindy

Me too! ;)