supervised kids not allowed in any jacuzzis?

jr72

yes I agree with you , especially about making sure there are adult only spaces....that is the only way to solve the problem, we will never solve the one about parents....

so thank you celebrity for making sure that adults do have some places on the ship that can be ours....

just wish there was an adult only pool....even when there are 2 kids on the ship, they have always managed to clear out the pool, by splashing and running, screaming...all the adults seem to back up to the perimeter..stand a while, hoping the kids will soon be satisfied and gone....but ultimately the kids win, adults leave the pool, hoping to try again another day.....alas.....

yes I try and discipline by asking where are your parents, eventually the parent walks over to me and tells me off...."they are only children, we paid just as everyone else did, mind your own business....f********"....and other expletives......

oh yes, almost every time I go to the pool and stay long enough, this will happen.....it is almost predictable....you can almost time it....

if kids are on board, adults using the pool are the ones that dont mind the screaming, splashing, jumping ..etc...

my only choice is to avoid the pool altogether....too bad ...I really do enjoy it...

I've seen far more objectionable behaviour from loud, boorish and/or inebriated adults than I have from children.

This thread has really taken off into some crazy discussions and opinions.

The main point of the OP's post is that if the rules say that supervised children are allowed, then they should be allowed to bring their supervised children into the whirlpool. Period, end of story. If they were trying to bring them into the solarium whirlpool, then they were mistaken to try to bring in children younger than 16. If these were the regular whirlpools then by rights they should have been allowed to do so, and I would go complain to Guest Relations if this was an issue.

We are not doctors (I am presuming), so our opinions of what is or is not good for the OPs children is of no relevance. and not our business. If we prefer that no children be in the whirlpools, then we need to so petition Celebrity to change their rules, but for now that opinion is just that, and of no relevance to the OPs point. If we think whirlpools are breeding grounds for bacteria, then we have the right to stay out of them if we want - also not really relevant to the OPs point.

It's an open board and as long as we follow posting rules we have the freedom to say what we want, but just sayin' it would be nice to get back to the main point of the original post - if a rule is stated by Celebrity, it should be followed by Celebrity (and the guests).:):)

The main point of the OP's post is that if the rules say that supervised children are allowed, then they should be allowed to bring their supervised children into the whirlpool. Period, end of story. If they were trying to bring them into the solarium whirlpool, then they were mistaken to try to bring in children younger than 16. If these were the regular whirlpools then by rights they should have been allowed to do so, and I would go complain to Guest Relations if this was an issue.

We are not doctors (I am presuming), so our opinions of what is or is not good for the OPs children is of no relevance. and not our business. If we prefer that no children be in the whirlpools, then we need to so petition Celebrity to change their rules, but for now that opinion is just that, and of no relevance to the OPs point. If we think whirlpools are breeding grounds for bacteria, then we have the right to stay out of them if we want - also not really relevant to the OPs point.

It's an open board and as long as we follow posting rules we have the freedom to say what we want, but just sayin' it would be nice to get back to the main point of the original post - if a rule is stated by Celebrity, it should be followed by Celebrity (and the guests).:):)

I agree with you and one other rule should be brought up. On Celebrity's web site, they clearly state that in inclement weather the ship reserves the right to open up the Solarium to all ages. Apparently they did not do this in the OPs case where apparently there was some bad weather.

it is a pleasure to sail on celebrity when there are virtually no kids on board .....and we have been lucky to find cruises like that...but we have also been unlucky to be on cruises with kids, one out of several comes to mind, when two couples insisted that their babes in arms be in the hot tub....these parents , swearing at the top of their lungs when told to read the rules...the babies were in diapers...security was called....they were asked to leave, all the while shouting obscenities.....and yes the hot tubs were emptied not to be refilled for the rest of the week....

whenever we sail celebrity and there are very few kids on board, I always compliment celebrity for not providing the amenities that attract families with kids ....kids program or not....

hey get couple time..leave kids, babes at home....you deserve it and once you try it you will know you have trully had a holiday...

Not everyone has someone at home to leave the kids with. I remember someone told another poster a few years back to leave the kids at home with the grandchildren. The answer back was that all the grandparents were dead. You don't know the circumstances so shouldn't make the comment.

Also, as someone who has followed Celebrity for 20plus year, I can just about guarantee you that if they had not opened up to families and made the ships attractive to children, Celebrity would not longer be in business. You certainly wouldn't have these beautiful S class ships.

Edited by dkjretired

I agree with you and one other rule should be brought up. On Celebrity's web site, they clearly state that in inclement weather the ship reserves the right to open up the Solarium to all ages. Apparently they did not do this in the OPs case where apparently there was some bad weather.

I am not sure cool water in the pool is considered inclement weather by Celebrity.

I am so happy...this is wonderful news...NO kids in hot tubs..maybe the pool is next...oh wow.......and maybe the main dining room will follow..hooray for celebrity....

thank you so much for posting this news....

maybe the day will come when the celebrity ships will be adult only, especially when off holidays...oh why not make that rule right now, kids are allowed only on government sanctioned school holidays, that missing school to be on a cruise is a a big no no..and home schooled are just out of luck....

but hey disney and royal carib will still welcome kids anytime....

oh I can dream....

Not going to happen, Celebrity tried adult only cruise and they failed. Also, in case you haven't noticed Schools are not on traditional schedules and there are more and more kids being home schooled. I would suggest you come into this century.

• 2 weeks later...

Good post!

OP here - after my initial post to vent / gather info I didn't spend the 75 cents per minute to follow up, but back home now.

To be clear, I was not talking about the Solarium, which of course is not for kids. I was talking about the outdoor whirlpools. The ones which the official Celebrity policy says allow children if accompanied by parent.

The first day of the cruise, the pool butlers and other staff asked every child in any outdoor whilrpool to leave. When asked why, they said it was Celebrity policy (one said something like "I have worked for Celebrity for 10 years on many ships and it has always been our policy that children are not allowed in whirlpools", which is completely untrue).

The comedian on board even made fun of this in his show, stating he would scatter piles of towels around the deck to keep the workers busy so his kids could jump in with him when the staff wasn't looking!

From Day 3 on, the staff stopped asking the children to leave. Don't know why - perhaps they got enough complaints that they changed their policy (back to the actual policy).

I am fine with any policy, as long as the policy is stated and consistent. This is the 2nd Celebrity cruise in a row where I had problems like this. During the summer on Summit, they prohibited children from being in the main outdoor pool (but allowed them in the whilrpools). Here they allowed children in the main pool but prohibited them from being in the whilrpools. Past ships I was on allowed them in both (which is their stated policy).

One of the things my family looks forward to on a cruise is relaxing in the pool or whirlpool on deck and listening to the music. If I knew this would not be allowed, I would not have booked either cruise. Just tell me what the rules will be, and I can make my decision on whether to cruise here or elsewhere - don't change the rules once I get there!

I have been on 25+ cruises on many different cruise lines, including 4 previousl Celebrity cruises. On every cruise, there are some jacuzzis that are "adults only" and others where children are allowed if they are with their parents.

I am on the Reflection right now with my 10 and 12 year olds, and they say their "corporate policy" is no kids allowed in any jacuzzi. I have never heard of such a policy before, and I don't understand it. With the wind we have right now, some activities are canceled and one of the few activities remaining is to go in the pool, but with the water cool some people need the hot water in the jacuzzi to warm up. I totally understand you don't allow kids to jump in or fool around in or even go in unsupervised...but if a child needs to go in with their parents for a few minutes to warm up, you kick them out? I don't get it.

May I ask...are these the two children that kept going in the hot tub when the staff were out of sight? I ask beacuse, the staff and security seemed more concerned with the two children (boy & girl) in the hot tub than getting the diaper clad tots out of the pools and hot tubs.

Good post!

OP here - after my initial post to vent / gather info I didn't spend the 75 cents per minute to follow up, but back home now.

To be clear, I was not talking about the Solarium, which of course is not for kids. I was talking about the outdoor whirlpools. The ones which the official Celebrity policy says allow children if accompanied by parent.

The first day of the cruise, the pool butlers and other staff asked every child in any outdoor whilrpool to leave. When asked why, they said it was Celebrity policy (one said something like "I have worked for Celebrity for 10 years on many ships and it has always been our policy that children are not allowed in whirlpools", which is completely untrue).

The comedian on board even made fun of this in his show, stating he would scatter piles of towels around the deck to keep the workers busy so his kids could jump in with him when the staff wasn't looking!

From Day 3 on, the staff stopped asking the children to leave. Don't know why - perhaps they got enough complaints that they changed their policy (back to the actual policy).

I am fine with any policy, as long as the policy is stated and consistent. This is the 2nd Celebrity cruise in a row where I had problems like this. During the summer on Summit, they prohibited children from being in the main outdoor pool (but allowed them in the whilrpools). Here they allowed children in the main pool but prohibited them from being in the whilrpools. Past ships I was on allowed them in both (which is their stated policy).

One of the things my family looks forward to on a cruise is relaxing in the pool or whirlpool on deck and listening to the music. If I knew this would not be allowed, I would not have booked either cruise. Just tell me what the rules will be, and I can make my decision on whether to cruise here or elsewhere - don't change the rules once I get there!

What did the sign read right next to each hot tub? Curious as to what it was stated on the signs

Did you notice the diaper clad tots in the hot tubs? Be very glad they didn't allow your children in that cess pool.

I actually felt bad for the pool butlers...everyday we would ask how many laps did that day.

Edited by 20pluscruises