LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - DEC. 22ND - DEC. 26TH. Cr

Pia1913

FYI we are sick today. We noticed our son coughing on the way home yesterday and now we all seem to have bronchitis brewing. Hopefully it was just something spread in the remix teens club and that's why we were effected and not something too many more people on cruise got. This likely means someone lied getting on board and was indeed sick. I understand cruises are expensive but this one wasn't and people need to by insurance so they don't get a whole ship sick if they get sick before their cruise. I am glad I held off taking my chemotherapy/ biologic RA med before the cruise or this probably would have turned into a pneumonia for me. I know some older cruises and those with health problems can get really sick. I hope this is limited to just a few of us.

I got sick the last days on the Pacific Princess in early November, and after a month of playing hide and seek with my doctor and his antibiotics, it hit me late one night and laid me in the hospital with bronchitis for 2 1/2 days which would have been longer had I not put my foot down. All gone now but I am being careful with eight days to go until I board the Ruby.

Exactly how does this promo work? When I talked to Princess, they said I would get my FCC in the mail after we took our cruise. Is this right? I want to make sure we don't lose the FCC for the promo cruise we are taking on Ruby the end of January

It should show up in your account when you log in on the Princess website once the cruise is completed. I hadn't heard anything about the mail, unless you or your TA requested documentation.

Exactly how does this promo work? When I talked to Princess, they said I would get my FCC in the mail after we took our cruise. Is this right? I want to make sure we don't lose the FCC for the promo cruise we are taking on Ruby the end of January

FCC as people call it (Future Cruise Deposit) where you fill out the form and $100.00 is charged on your credit card. This allows you to use the $100.00 as your full deposit (One per person) on a future cruise (within 2 years, but can be extended if necessary) You will receive OBC (On Board Credit) as well, the amount depends on length of cruise I believe. This will be acknowledged by email (If you provide one) as soon as the future cruise consultant works it, followed shortly by a charge from Princess Cruises for the $100.00. Typically the email is sent out within 2-3 days after dropping off the form in my experience. Basically you are pre-paying your next cruise deposit. This works well for most folks :)

If you mean the 100% fare back promo also called FCC (Future Cruises Credit) That will likely show up in your Captains circle account on the second day of the qualifying cruise (At least it did in my case) I got no email or snail mail related to this. I am doing a second qualifying 4 day cruise at the end of January. Different ship, so we'll see how this one works out.

I doubt you have to be concerned. I think Princess does pretty well keeping these things straight. ie: they even give each one a specific ID number which they keep associated with it, wherever it may be moved to. You can actually follow along in your captains circle account.

Karena, are you talking about the $100 deposit you bought while on a Princess cruise, or are you referring to the money back credit you will receive when you take your Jan. 27th Ruby cruise? Please clarify.

Edited by Pia1913

FYI we are sick today. We noticed our son coughing on the way home yesterday and now we all seem to have bronchitis brewing. Hopefully it was just something spread in the remix teens club and that's why we were effected and not something too many more people on cruise got. This likely means someone lied getting on board and was indeed sick. I understand cruises are expensive but this one wasn't and people need to by insurance so they don't get a whole ship sick if they get sick before their cruise. I am glad I held off taking my chemotherapy/ biologic RA med before the cruise or this probably would have turned into a pneumonia for me. I know some older cruises and those with health problems can get really sick. I hope this is limited to just a few of us.

FYI we are both coughing also. Started the last two days on the cruise. Nothing but dry, dry coughing, otherwise we both feel fine. I was at the Dr today and he told me to take Mucinex DM which I already have been, and David takes Coriciden HBP.

FYI we are both coughing also. Started the last two days on the cruise. Nothing but dry, dry coughing, otherwise we both feel fine. I was at the Dr today and he told me to take Mucinex DM which I already have been, and David takes Coriciden HBP.

Yup dry cough, didn't start in nose but right in chest. I'm doing mucinex and an rx cough medicine I have left over from a bronchitis last year . Hot tea honey. Hurts to cough but no fever or aches or anything . If not better by Monday will see doctor, son too. Hope you feel better soon.

Yup dry cough, didn't start in nose but right in chest. I'm doing mucinex and an rx cough medicine I have left over from a bronchitis last year . Hot tea honey. Hurts to cough but no fever or aches or anything . If not better by Monday will see doctor, son too. Hope you feel better soon.

Exactly the same here and we are doing the same. Yes, hurts to cough, but still worth it when you have a wonderful cruise! :D

I am reading about all of you doing trivia. I'm a trivia buff. Especially movie trivia, seriously , big time. I used to host trivia online for excite.com in the 1990s My speciality is movies though. I can't get my husband to go with me as he doesn't like it. Next time we are on a ship together I'll definitely come play.

Exactly the same here and we are doing the same. Yes, hurts to cough, but still worth it when you have a wonderful cruise! :D

Yes we had a lovely time, a little cough is a small price to pay , going to just relax this weekend. The cleaning girls came today so no housework going to rest and recover from this quickly

The four of us were seated in a booth by the window from 6:00 to almost 9:00 PM. Christmas Eve. I'm one who hates lengthy dining, but this one I agree, was wonderful. I had requested a specific recommended waiter and he definitely turned out to be superb. Over and above. For those who want to know, his name is Foderick; from the Philippines.

I was on the Ruby Dec 14-18 and ate at the Crown Grill 2 of the 4 nights because of him. Wrote about him in my review thread. GREAT guy!

-Andrew :)

We were on the 12/14 Ruby cruise and I was one of the first ones to meet with the rep right after sail away. I wanted to make a deposit with the hopes that when I got off the ship on the 18th I would contact mt TA to discuss which cruise I wanted to take. (Usually they are posted within 24 hours) She was extremely rude and proceeded to tell me that it would be at least a week before it would be posted because she is extremely busy. I wasn't expecting that from her so it threw my thinking off. I then asked if she could hold it and let me call down and leave a message as to whether to proceed with it or not. She told me that she wasn't taking messages or answering emails. In fact she was just so far behind and especially since there was no internet the day before (really?, I know it's slow but...). Frankly, I was surprised that she was talking to a passenger the way she was. I ended up requesting 2,FCC's from her via her mailbox on the 17th which were finally posted on the 24th. I really think she needs to be replaced.

FYI the cough has turned into a cough plus gurgling rattling sound when I breathe and although I'm not coughing up anything it no longer sounds dry, it really feels yuck. I have no fever but may still try to get into urgent care in am because of meds I'm on, I haven't slept at because of the coughing . I'm hoping not too many people got sick on board. Hope you are feeling better too. I'm not dying though , I booked another cruise during the insomnia cough thing going on lol. I'm reading on google searches something about "cruise coughs" I'm an RN and never heard of such a thing but then again I haven't worked with a population that is on a lot of ships.

We were on the 12/14 Ruby cruise and I was one of the first ones to meet with the rep right after sail away. I wanted to make a deposit with the hopes that when I got off the ship on the 18th I would contact mt TA to discuss which cruise I wanted to take. (Usually they are posted within 24 hours) She was extremely rude and proceeded to tell me that it would be at least a week before it would be posted because she is extremely busy. I wasn't expecting that from her so it threw my thinking off. I then asked if she could hold it and let me call down and leave a message as to whether to proceed with it or not. She told me that she wasn't taking messages or answering emails. In fact she was just so far behind and especially since there was no internet the day before (really?, I know it's slow but...). Frankly, I was surprised that she was talking to a passenger the way she was. I ended up requesting 2,FCC's from her via her mailbox on the 17th which were finally posted on the 24th. I really think she needs to be replaced.

I do hope you filled out the Princess questionaire post cruise. Rudeness to a customer, on a cruise ship or in a store, should not be acceptable.

I do hope you filled out the Princess questionaire post cruise. Rudeness to a customer, on a cruise ship or in a store, should not be acceptable.

I always fill it out.

I've also had good luck getting issues addressed by putting in customer service cards on the front desk. For an act of intentional rudeness like that, though, I think I might wait until I was off the ship.

I was on the Ruby Dec 14-18 and ate at the Crown Grill 2 of the 4 nights because of him. Wrote about him in my review thread. GREAT guy!

we ate at the Crown Grill Dec 23 and unfortunately had the other guy...he was totally weeded out (not his fault) and he had zero personality (his fault). That dinner was the only negative experience on an otherwise fantastic cruise.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew!

We will be sure and request Froderick when we are onboard the Ruby in February.

Mike:)

We were on the same cruise as you. We wanted to purchase two FCC's. The area was very crowded at 5:00 PM. I added my name to the list. When my name was called I was informed that I did not need to see rep, only needed to place the forms in her mailbox. In the future, if I am not ready to book a cruise, I will just place forms in mailbox. Rep mentioned that it would take a least a week till I received e-mail confirmation. I received e-mails within two days of arriving home. I did hear her speak to someone saying that she was working 12 hour days. There was no reason for her to be rude to you. Without all the Booked Passengers she would not have a job.

The internet was practically non existent while we were waiting. I managed to send a "postcard" after 45 minutes.

... she was just so far behind and especially since there was no internet the day before (really?, I know it's slow but...). .

Maybe she had the same problem a lot of us had recently when the Princess website went down. I couldn't log on to the Princess website for two days.

Maybe she had the same problem a lot of us had recently when the Princess website went down. I couldn't log on to the Princess website for two days.

I was on the Crown from the 14th to 21st and on the Ruby from the 22nd to 26th. I had no internet problem whatsoever no matter what time I tried to get on. I used my own netbook in my cabin.