LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS - DEC. 22ND - DEC. 26TH. Cr

Pia1913

My daughter cough now, my sons seems to have gotten it from the teen club (he says there were others coughing there ) and he gave to me and then her. So far only one that doesn't have it is DH. I also heard several people coughing on board. Oh well, I guess exposure t contagious disease is a rice you pay when you are packed into a small area with a couple of thousand othe people. Question, do the cruise lines like to know if you cam off the boat with this so they can. Make sure they are tracking and cleaning correctly ? I didn't think of this to Now. Do they need to report illness to CDC or is that only if you see the ship doctors ?

Body aches and a slight fever now (100.2) and (99.9) for my son and me both, just cough for my daughter so far but she just started today, I just realized we've been taking a decongestant with aleve in it and that could be masking our fever, probably going to take us all down to urgent care tomorrow am. Not getting better. Both my son and I have had the flu shot. Husband too. But not daughter but flu shots don't necessarily cover all variants of flu. Oh well as least I work from home and won't have to call in sick my first day back to work Monday after vacation, that never looks good. Anyone else who was on this or ship before or after and is sick besides Bronxgirls cough ? We washed hands often , well at least I did , had personal hand sanitizes on us at all times, but we did of into the hot tubs and my daughter and I both went into the sauna

Thanks for the heads up Andrew!

We will be sure and request Froderick when we are onboard the Ruby in February.

Mike:)

Tell him Brad and Andrew said hello. And post pictures so I can live vicariously through your vacay. :D

Tell him Brad and Andrew said hello. And post pictures so I can live vicariously through your vacay. :D

We had a great waiter in Sabitinis named George on Christmas Eve. The lead singer from the production show also sat right next to us and he served him as well. We saw George also serving during the day on Xmas Eve at the Princess Cay BBQ and on dis embarqment day he brought us our coffee by poolside breakfast, these guys have multiple duties. I think it's great though as working in the specifically restaurant he's getting fine dining serving experience.and he told us his wife also worked onboard. He is from Romania. We had a great female server on our last night in the MDR took she was from Serbia..and told us also her husband world onboard.

Maybe she had the same problem a lot of us had recently when the Princess website went down. I couldn't log on to the Princess website for two days.

I was on the Crown from the 14th to 21st and on the Ruby from the 22nd to 26th. I had no internet problem whatsoever no matter what time I tried to get on. I used my own netbook in my cabin.

Not the ship's Internet, the Princess HQ computers. They and even HQ fax phone numbers were unavailable for hours at a time.

we ate at the Crown Grill Dec 23 and unfortunately had the other guy...he was totally weeded out (not his fault) and he had zero personality (his fault). That dinner was the only negative experience on an otherwise fantastic cruise.

Weeded out? A stoner, I think the word is? If so, I'd say he's responsible for that, but our personalities are mostly beyond our control ...

Weeded out? A stoner, I think the word is? If so, I'd say he's responsible for that, but our personalities are mostly beyond our control ...

I took 'weeded out' to mean he was 'in the weeds' which means he was swamped, extremely busy.

I guess either one could be correct.

I took 'weeded out' to mean he was 'in the weeds' which means he was swamped, extremely busy.

Bingo...it's a phrase servers use to indicate they have lost control, or are just on the verge.

Between the four of us dining that evening we have over 50 years of experience waiting tables. You can usually tell by the bulging eyes, as opposed to red eyes for the other "weeded out".

Thank you Pia for the live from and all the updated information for these short cruises. We will be onboard in a little over a week. I look forward to meeting two folks from Cruise Critic some day in the future…..Pia and Shogun!

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Pia, I gladly filled out the questionnaire! Since others have had their FCC post sooner, I hope the issue with her had been addressed. I usually just fill out the forms and place in the mailbox but since we wanted to take advantage of the great promotions in January, I wanted to talk to the rep first. You can be sure we will keep enough FCC banked from now on to avoid that!

FYI I had a great time on this cruise and plan on sailing with princess again but that cough On the cruise got after tuned into pneumonia and I'm in the hospital with pneumonia and severe asthma. Will have to take extra extra precautions again when ER traveling on any cruise ship or crowded place again because I'm immunocompromised. I didn't go in the pools and wasn't on the island long but did go in the hot tub, sauna and briefly the steam room. I washed my hands like crazy all trip used napkins to open doors etc, next time I think no hot tub or steam room for me

We were on the 14 dec Ruby to Cozumel. While there was no "formal" night they did have the formal photo locations set up on the first sea day (evening). They also had photo opps on the other nights. The first night in the dining rooms it was "come as you are" with everything from shorts to suits. First sea day there were people dressed formally and a fair number of suits and dresses. Most people were smart casual... With others still "very casual".

I was on that cruise, we dressed smart casual every night except on the 15th when we dressed formally for my mothers 85th birthday. It was a fun cruise!

Sorry if this comes off as a dumb question. I'm a seasoned cruiser, just never with Princess. Did I read correctly there is no formal night on the 4 night cruise? If not, how was the participation for this "dress to impress" thing? I can go either way, so don't care, but if most aren't dressed up, I'm not going to.

On that note, I'm excited to finally give Princess a go.

Sorry if this comes off as a dumb question. I'm a seasoned cruiser, just never with Princess. Did I read correctly there is no formal night on the 4 night cruise? If not, how was the participation for this "dress to impress" thing? I can go either way, so don't care, but if most aren't dressed up, I'm not going to.

That is correct. No formal night on the 4 night cruise. Some people got dressy dressed; most were nicely casual. Since we knew in advance there was no formal night we packed accordingly.

That is correct. No formal night on the 4 night cruise. Some people got dressy dressed; most were nicely casual. Since we knew in advance there was no formal night we packed accordingly.

Thank you for your quick response. Just one more...what time does Ruby (or Princess in general) normally start boarding at PE?

Hey buddy! Not a dumb question at all.

There is no formal evening on a Princess 4 night cruise. I am taking my first short cruise next month so don't have first hand experience on the "dress to impress" thing even though I have Elite status on Princess. I can tell you that most will not be dressed up from past experiences.

I am betting you will love Princess.

Boarding will begin at noon.

When is your cruise?

Edited by bhopal21

Hi Mike! Good to see a familiar name here. :) We're going on Feb 20. I've been wanting to try Princess for years, the price was great, and I figured this 4 nighter on a new(ish) ship would be a good way to test the Princess waters. I'm sure I'll love it.

I just booked last night and just printed my boarding passes and luggage tags....which brings up another question....

1. I can't find a way online to book specialty restaurants or make Anytime Dining reservations. Is there a way to do this, or is this not possible?

Dang!:(

We will be on the Ruby for a 5 day and a 4 day back to back beginning February 1st.

The dining options are not available until after you board. they will usually have a table set up outside Sabatinis where you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants on the first day. You can call the DINE line from your cabin but they are so busy upon embarkation it is much faster to go in person.

Feel free to contact me via email for any questions.

I am excited for you to try Princess.

Hi Mike! Good to see a familiar name here. :) We're going on Feb 20. I've been wanting to try Princess for years, the price was great, and I figured this 4 nighter on a new(ish) ship would be a good way to test the Princess waters. I'm sure I'll love it.

I just booked last night and just printed my boarding passes and luggage tags....which brings up another question....

1. I can't find a way online to book specialty restaurants or make Anytime Dining reservations. Is there a way to do this, or is this not possible?

You cannot do any advance booking for any restaurant.

You cannot do any advance booking for any restaurant.

Thank you. :)

Dang!:(

We will be on the Ruby for a 5 day and a 4 day back to back beginning February 1st.

I actually liked that Feb 6 itinerary a lot better because it's 2 places to which I've never been, but couldn't get on. It's sold out. :(

RANDOM THOUGHTS

1. SANTA: There are 700 kids on board and every one of them is in line to see Santa and get their gift. He arrived at 10:30 and as of now (just past noon) it looks like there’s still more than an hour wait. Santa will survive without me seeing him, and so will I. :)

2. WINE: To the B2B ers………….. They will take away the extras and hold them for the next cruise. This is verbatim from the Hotel Manager.

3. FCC’s : Major problem here with the consultant. My initial submission for 6 within one hour of boarding did not get a response. On Monday I left a note in the box; office hardly ever open. No response. Yesterday again. Nothing. This morning I went in there and really got angry. She said I would get email within a week. Not acceptable I replied. Too many people have had problems, which they have told us about on CC. She got angry that I was angry, and I told her she wouldn’t be seeing me at all if she had processed my requests. She said she has an assistant who does the processing. Evidently not. What the H does she do? I just sat there until she gave me my copies. Took all of 6 minutes. And BTW, nobody ever came near the office to see her. I am writing this to advise future Ruby passengers not to expect service from this particular consultant. Then again, I told her to read Cruise Critic since she would be one of the subjects. :mad:

4. TRIVIA: we lost. By one. :(

Had to do this now before I forgot. See you later. Can't miss lunch. ;)

Hmm....the problem with FCC's concerns me. I will be on the 5 day on 1/27 and used my previous FCC for it. Would not have used it if I thought I might have any trouble receiving a new one for my later in the year 7-14 day cruise. I hate confrontation, but will have to do something to make sure I get my FCC! I've always felt the Cruise Consultants were rarely in office but never had a problem dropping the form in the box for the FCC and getting my verification back.

Hmm....the problem with FCC's concerns me. I will be on the 5 day on 1/27 and used my previous FCC for it. Would not have used it if I thought I might have any trouble receiving a new one for my later in the year 7-14 day cruise. I hate confrontation, but will have to do something to make sure I get my FCC! I've always felt the Cruise Consultants were rarely in office but never had a problem dropping the form in the box for the FCC and getting my verification back.

I think you might have better luck now, since there were so many complaints other than mine. Not only from my cruise but from previous and subsequent. Put your request in the box the first day you board, unless you are lucky enough to see her when she has office hours. The hours are posted outside the door.

People were still allowed in the dining room in shorts and T-shirts on the dress-to-impress nights of our Ruby cruises last month. But a sizable number of folks were dressed very nicely.

The future cruise consultant called and left a voicemail to let us know that she was processing our request. That was on our second Ruby cruise (Dec. 26-30). We got emails shortly afterward and I double checked on the Princess website to make sure it showed up there as well.

Thank you. :)

I actually liked that Feb 6 itinerary a lot better because it's 2 places to which I've never been, but couldn't get on. It's sold out. :(

Paul, Princess is showing lots of open cabins for the February 6th 4 day cruise.:confused: