Silhouette no at&t and internet issues

beentothere

3rd transatlantic on this ship. electronics were the only issue(s)

on Dec 1st transatlantic ...no At&t phone service available to us. The internet was also varied with response from terrible to over the top.

food and service were all very good to excellent+

any other experiences, please share

on Dec 1st transatlantic ...no At&t phone service available to us. The internet was also varied with response from terrible to over the top.

Princess ship. 30 day trans-Pacific, Anchorage to Bangkok.

No internet access for 19 days, no phone for the same period.

BTW, 15 of those days were during the financial meltdown of 2008, including huge equity drops and bank failures (including Wachovia where we had much of our $$$ parked). No access to brokerage accounts, bank accounts or any other accounts.

Stuff happens. We survived.

I assume you mean no Cellular at Sea service. I have AT&T and had the service almost the whole time on the Equinox TA earlier this month. I believe it was Orange when in Europe,

I did find the internet service a bit slow too.

Maybe a ship issue.

I assume you mean no Cellular at Sea service. I have AT&T and had the service almost the whole time on the Equinox TA earlier this month. I believe it was Orange when in Europe,

I did find the internet service a bit slow too.

Maybe a ship issue.

For some reason ATT cellular at sea does not work on Silhouette and Reflection. They have some other service. We are going on Reflection TA this spring and cannot use the package from ATT on that ship.

Pat

We also were on the Silhouette transatlantic and we thought the internet ( using our ipads) was the best we have ever had on any Celebrity ship.

We were also on the Silhouette TA and while I tried NOT to get on the internet very often (simply didn't want to "connect" to reality!), when I did - it was actually very fast! I'll add that the only place we ever got online was wirelessly in our cabin on deck 10. No issues @ all. Though it did not seem to work well on the balcony, which makes sense.

I think this is a ship specific issue for at&t and locational problem for the internet.

Might be certain areas have antenna coverage limitations.

Problem is that these are not well known and cause very unnecessary issues.

over another hill this month

I was on Reflection Nov 30, and no AT&T Service. Lots of people had same issue. iLounge wasn't at all helpful. said to call AT&T.

AT&T Did work on my TA on Eclipse earlier in the year just fine so I know my cellular plan should work anywhere, as I travel a lot internationally for work and never have issue.