American Table & American Feast Menu

kgriff

How did you find the soups the second time around? I've heard they added more to the menu.

There were more soups this time around. But no cold soups (at least that I was aware of). My wife really liked the onion soup. I thought it was OK. I thought the potato soup was better than OK but not great. My wife didn't like it (the chunks of potato were too big). I can't even tell you what other soups we tried because they didn't really stand out.

I was wrong about my cruise fare. It's $260 not $429

I'm getting at least 21 meals at that price. Not bad. Even Rachel Ray would have a hard time eating on land for ~$35 a day, even though my cruise fare goes towards more than just food

• 1 year later...
Interesting.

Other reviews here have been good. The menus have been posted and seem pretty straightforward and rather good. But that's just my opinion, I do respect yours.

I don't recall anyone else saying their food sat at the server station. I too am wondering why you didn't just ask for it?

Was any part of it good for you? New dishes, table setting, other's attire, dancing...

Just got off the Breeze foods was good but they did bring it all out at once which we didn't care for as well

• 1 year later...

I have been on 18 carnival cruises, the America Table menu is nothing short of cafeteria food! There are no table cloths on the table (not a big deal, just saying) mac and cheese, vegetable lasagna that's every nite food you eat Monday thru Friday at home!! I just got off an NCL no comparison!!!! Please Carnival re-think this "down home food" its not cruise material

I have been on 18 carnival cruises, the America Table menu is nothing short of cafeteria food! There are no table cloths on the table (not a big deal, just saying) mac and cheese, vegetable lasagna that's every nite food you eat Monday thru Friday at home!! I just got off an NCL no comparison!!!! Please Carnival re-think this "down home food" its not cruise material

Wow serious...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You joined in 2009 and for your first post 8 years later you revive a 1 1/2 year old post with nothing new to add. "18 cruise veteran"(n)

please let this thread die.

To those that are complaining - you do realize that they are pretty much the same things that were on the old menus, right? Some have different names, and some are now listed under the "Rare Finds" instead of the"didja" section.

Carnival is a family cruise line. If you expect exotic concoctions, try a more upscale cruise line. And expect to pay for it.

Just have to say.... went on my first cruise Feb of this year, the Breeze. I LOVED the MDR. I enjoyed the food, albeit one dish I didn't cuz I didn't like the spices(carribean pork loin) not my thing (however at Hilton Rose Hall resort for a day, loved their jerk pork). Loved the filet, lobster, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon etc etc etc. I enjoyed it. I was on vacation. I didn't have to cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck yeah on the last one! :) I didn't care there were no table cloths, made elegant night nicer when they did add them. I ate breakfast as much as I could in the MDR too. I felt spoiled there. Loved the sea day brunch. I'm a fan. I would rather eat in the MDR over the buffet....poor hubby felt differently haha, the MDR does take a while and would be shorter at the buffet.

Now Guys, mmmmmm loved Guys burgers. Never got room service, however, planning on it with our next cruise!

I have not been on a ship that has the new menu yet. I'm curious about how others feel about the "family style" dishes. I think it would be awkward if you're sharing a table with strangers. How big of a serving is it appropriate to take? What if I want the plate passed to me and I don't know the name of the person that's closest to it?

I have had this menu on my last 6 or 7 cruises and think it is a very good change. However, I have yet to see anything that was described as a "family style" dish. Nor have I seen anything that would contain enough food to classify as "family style". So do not worry about that.

To those that are complaining - you do realize that they are pretty much the same things that were on the old menus, right? Some have different names, and some are now listed under the "Rare Finds" instead of the"didja" section.

Carnival is a family cruise line. If you expect exotic concoctions, try a more upscale cruise line. And expect to pay for it.

Exactly. Was just looking at menus posted for a recent 8 night Sunshine cruise with the AT/AF menus and many of the dishes are the very same dishes that have been around since my first cruise in 2006. Certainly they have reduced some of the options, added some comfort food like veg lasagne and fried chicken and put the indian option on the menu...which was always an option off the menu.

Considering how many upscale (foodie) restaurants on land no longer use table cloths, I don't even attribute the use of table cloths to higher end dining anymore.

So, to me, the biggest changes are yes, they have removed some dishes that used to be there, but they seemingly were ones I didn't order (except for the duck) and they put the Flat Iron on the menu in place of NY strip (I believe...which was done prior to the AT/AF concept). Of course, I never order a steak in the MDR.

• 7 months later...
Wow serious...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You joined in 2009 and for your first post 8 years later you revive a 1 1/2 year old post with nothing new to add. "18 cruise veteran"(n)

please let this thread die.

Seriously?!?! Why the hate?!?!

As you can see in my signature we have gone on quite a few cruises since I started this thread. The menu definitely improved since the second week of the original roll out. Some options have been added back on the menu such as some cold soups. And that was one of my points from the beginning: more options are typically better than limited options.

Next month we will be going on our first RCCL cruise. It will be interesting to compare RCCL food to Carnival food.