Tasteless desserts on the buffet

missouri mike

No, it's hard to find a desert that tastes as good as it looks on a cruise ship. You would think something like Mango Moose Cake will burst with flavor, but it's a bland as it can be. Jello No-Bake Cheesecake is better than what passes for cheesecake on a cruise ship.

You've captured it! I've been trying to pin down how to describe the cheesecake on all ships we've sailed. Jello-No-Bake exactly!

Not sure what is going on with the WCMC but on our last cruise in October my absolute favorite dessert was a disappointment. Our waiter was great though - he said he shook the WCMC until he found one that wasn't dry..........so at least I had ONE yummy WCMC during the cruise!!

Until our October cruise I never had one single chocolate chip cookie on any of Carnival's ships (been cruising since 1993) - didn't know anything about them until I read on CC that those cookies are to die for...........hoooooooly...........they were soooooo delicious - In a way I wish I didn't know about them - I might have been able to lose weight instead of gain:D

You've captured it! I've been trying to pin down how to describe the cheesecake on all ships we've sailed. Jello-No-Bake exactly!

A better description of cheesecake on cruise ships would be "No Cheese Cheesecake" because Jello No-Bake Cheesecake actually has texture to it.

People here often shoot me down for saying I like the "napoleons" served on the buffet. They are better than the Bitter and Blanc and Warm Chocolate Melting cake! :p

Warm chocolate melting cake is like crack. I've been know to not pay the rent so I can take another cruise to get some.

Has anybody else noticed this? They look great, but, are tasteless. Am I grabbing the wrong desserts from the buffet? Is this just a European (or somewhere else) thing? Maybe I eat way too many Milky Ways...lol.

No they are all pretty much tasteless but shhhhh because it saves me unnecessary calories lol I'm not a fan of the dining room desserts either but that may change with the new menus. :eek:

We've never been fans of Carnival desserts, probably why we don't gain any weight on cruises!

The soft serve is great. Big Thank You to the person here who suggested we bring our own candy toppings.

Also we like the cakes from Bon Voyage so usually order one. If it comes on day 2 and we keep it covered, it'll last until about day 6.

The key limy pie was great and the chocolate mouse and cream thing.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

I have often thought to grab a whole key lime pie and leave it in our cabin fridge to enjoy all week.

I have often thought to grab a whole key lime pie and leave it in our cabin fridge to enjoy all week.

Hmm, good idea. What could they do but just put another one out. Lol. Or just take a piece at a time until you have a whole one on your plate. Lol. "Look, he just took a whole pie" :eek:

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

Edited by MamallamaAndDaddy