Liberty serenity area

weston gal

I will be on the Liberty January 18, 2014. We are seniors in our 70s and usually cruise X or RCCL. My friend, who cannot be in the sun because of skin cancers would like to go, but I cannot find out if the serenity deck has shady areas. Also, the deck plan shows that the serenity area is right next the water slide. Is it noisy there and wet from the slide?

The Fantasy class ships have umbrellas in the Serenity. I've seen some on some of the newer ships also. Wish they all had them. The shaded area has couches for seating, not lounge chairs.

Great place to relax and read and watch the ocean go by. Just wish they would lose the canned music.

There are shaded couches but they have this stupid canned music going all the time.

I dont remember the music, but I just walked around the serenity a few times and didn't stay long. Mostly everyone up there was sleeping on hammocks and couches!!

AZmike480

I dont remember the music, but I just walked around the serenity a few times and didn't stay long. Mostly everyone up there was sleeping on hammocks and couches!!

AZmike480

Strangely enough Liberty has the canned music going and last week on the Dream no music.

Great place to read and take a short nap.

I loved the Serenity deck on Liberty, it was my favorite place to hang out. They have couches under an overhang that I spent many an hour reading a book. I did not mind the music. And they have these wonderful clam shells if you can get your hands on one. My husband & I spent a few hours napping in one when we got back from shopping.

I loved the Serenity deck on Liberty, it was my favorite place to hang out. They have couches under an overhang that I spent many an hour reading a book. I did not mind the music. And they have these wonderful clam shells if you can get your hands on one. My husband & I spent a few hours napping in one when we got back from shopping.

Think the chair hogs discovered the clamshells and hard to find one now.

There is also an adult area in the aft section of the ship on Lido deck. Liberty's staff saw that no kids were using the pool or hot tubs on my Dec 14 cruise. Shade and sun were both available.

The pool and both hot-tubs are posted as Adults-Only, but the area is home to the 24-hour pizza station, a food station and a frozen ice-cream station, so kids will often be present. Wasn't too much of a problem on my last cruise, though.

On the upside, the aft bar back there didn't close until LATE...latest closing hours on the ship.

Yes, the clamshells are popular. What we did was hang out on a lounge chairs close to a couple of them and when you see someone getting up, ask if they are leaving and can you have the clamshell? Worked for us and when we got up to leave the same thing happened with the couple next to us.

Yes, the clamshells are popular. What we did was hang out on a lounge chairs close to a couple of them and when you see someone getting up, ask if they are leaving and can you have the clamshell? Worked for us and when we got up to leave the same thing happened with the couple next to us.

Good for you but typically when we park ourselves we are there for as long as we are on serenity.