High chairs in the buffet?

packyourpixiedust

I am adult six feet tall,but always ask for and get a high chair. Since I am super double elite stupendous magnificent Zenith class ,I enjoy looking down on the passengers who are not. I have been promised a crown and a throne ,but that is yet to come so I'll just have to make do with the high chair.

I am adult six feet tall,but always ask for and get a high chair. Since I am super double elite stupendous magnificent Zenith class ,I enjoy looking down on the passengers who are not. I have been promised a crown and a throne ,but that is yet to come so I'll just have to make do with the high chair.

1354834-tn_3393-Laughing-Santa-Claus.jpg

Are there high chairs in the buffet on S class ships? I've never seen them, but never looked before either. Thanks.

A couple of years ago we cruised with a 14 month old. The staff and crew were AMAZING - perhaps they were homesick for their own kids. They leapt into action as soon as we got to the buffet and got a high chair, suggested food she might like, flirted with her and were generally awesome. The other poster is right, the chairs aren't sitting in an obvious place but they will get one for you

After a few days if they'd see me without the baby (my niece) they'd ask for her because they'd been keeping an eye out

We did bring her to the dining room one time and she did fine and the staff was great about bringing something she could eat right away while the rest of us ordered as normal

Have fun with your little ones!

A couple of years ago we cruised with a 14 month old. The staff and crew were AMAZING - perhaps they were homesick for their own kids. They leapt into action as soon as we got to the buffet and got a high chair, suggested food she might like, flirted with her and were generally awesome. The other poster is right, the chairs aren't sitting in an obvious place but they will get one for you

After a few days if they'd see me without the baby (my niece) they'd ask for her because they'd been keeping an eye out

We did bring her to the dining room one time and she did fine and the staff was great about bringing something she could eat right away while the rest of us ordered as normal

Have fun with your little ones!

Thanks! I'm looking forward- only 3 weeks away now!!!

Are there high chairs in the buffet on S class ships? I've never seen them, but never looked before either. Thanks.

You should know, the people aboard cuisecritics.com are trapped, they are jealous, and have no better way to express themselves without thinking.

I agree, the staff missies their families, and they will talk their hearts out, and found much more friendly than anyone in here~ except for a few.

That is what makes a cruise so enjoyable! ;)

Ouch!!!!:eek:

Although it boggles my mind why you would want to bring a small child on a cruise....here comes the wrath of all the new mothers out there....:D

Hope not

How about the wrath of a FATHER!!! :)

It boggles MY mind...that some people seem to think that parents with babies should stay home.

Furthermore, and iv said this before...If you want an ADULT ONLY CRUISE...THERE ARE CRUISE COMPANIES THAT OFFER THAT. Please go on one of those as I wouldnt want you sourpusses ruining my family vacation.

Of yea and enjoy your cruise on the Oasis...there wont be any kids on that cruise....

How about the wrath of a FATHER!!! :)

It boggles MY mind...that some people seem to think that parents with babies should stay home.

Furthermore, and iv said this before...If you want an ADULT ONLY CRUISE...THERE ARE CRUISE COMPANIES THAT OFFER THAT. Please go on one of those as I wouldnt want you sourpusses ruining my family vacation.

Of yea and enjoy your cruise on the Oasis...there wont be any kids on that cruise....

I plan on it. My kids are coming with me.

Edited by Pennstateman

We took our daughter, now 32, on a cruise when she was 4 months old. She was a great baby with a beautiful smile. There was a priest on board to conduct Easter Sunday services; he took a shining to her, and would walk her around the ship while we ate dinner. At the time we thought it was perfect--who better to entrust your child to than a priest??? As later revelations appeared in the news, we got a good laugh out of our naiveté!! It's still a precious memory.

Oh, and there was one old crone who actually complained to the captain that we were poisoning our child by letting her listen to reggae music on the ship! This child loves travel AND music to this day, which I happily attribute to her early life experiences.

Edited by CathyCruises

We took our daughter, now 32, on a cruise when she was 4 months old. She was a great baby with a beautiful smile. There was a priest on board to conduct Easter Sunday services; he took a shining to her, and would walk her around the ship while we ate dinner. At the time we thought it was perfect--who better to entrust your child to than a priest??? As later revelations appeared in the news, we got a good laugh out of it!!

Yikes!

Ouch!!!!:eek:

Although it boggles my mind why you would want to bring a small child on a cruise....here comes the wrath of all the new mothers out there....:D

Because people love to cruise, have small children or grandchildren, and the experience for an entire range of 'family' is fantastic.

And many of us who are well beyond having small kids with us do know there is a real world outside the gated retirement communities and can handle it.....not that you specifically are one who collapses in hysteria at the sight of someone under the age of 40.

It just gets a bit tiring, especially during the family holidays to read another bash on small ones on cruise.

OP - our granddaughter had a great time at 7months (well, we did) and at 3yrs and pretty soon at 6. Lots of support for them in the buffet and MDR. Our waitstaff had her spot all set for her with a sippy cup and snacks waiting for her.

Extremely professional and kind.

She has her own Cap Club number and may be one of the family who reaches Zenith!

Den

Edited by Denny01

Because people love to cruise, have small children or grandchildren, and the experience for an entire range of 'family' is fantastic.

And many of us who are well beyond having small kids with us do know there is a real world outside the gated retirement communities and can handle it.....not that you specifically are one who collapses in hysteria at the sight of someone under the age of 40.

It just gets a bit tiring, especially during the family holidays to read another bash on small ones on cruise.

OP - our granddaughter had a great time at 7months (well, we did) and at 3yrs and pretty soon at 6. Lots of support for them in the buffet and MDR. Our waitstaff had her spot all set for her with a sippy cup and snacks waiting for her.

She has her own Cap Club number and may be one of the family who reaches Zenith!

Den

Well said Den. A grandfather of four, I have have had nothing but positive experiences with children on cruises. I wish that I could say the same for some of the "adults" onboard!

Den

I don't believe I have bashed small kids being on cruises, I simply said it boggles my mind....

I personally am pretty far from the retirement community gates and I do have children. We never considered taking our son on a cruise until he was 4 or 5, as it never seemed a pleasurable experience to accommodate all the necessary items required to care for an infant in the confines of a cruise ship cabin. Just my opinion, I respect the right for anyone out their to bring their children of all ages.

While I am sure the participants on this forum would not be included in this category...there are many parents that bring small children to late seating dinner, allowing them to carry-on endlessly. Thinking their child's screaming is entertaining to everyone around them.

Fortunately most people onboard aren't as grumpy and bitter as this!

I freely admit, as a preschool teacher, I don't like to cruise with other people's kids. I work with them, have one of my own, so it's nice to have a break. But I do sometimes cruise with my son and the staff have always been friendly and kind to him. He has sailed at 14 months and a 4 years old. But we try to be respectful of other passengers who might prefer a quiet cruise, too.

The other passengers (with the exception of one rude lady at Cafe al Bacio on my son's first cruise) have only made positive comments to us about him and his behaviour, and were interested in playing with him and talking to him.

I don't believe I have bashed small kids being on cruises, I simply said it boggles my mind....

I personally am pretty far from the retirement community gates and I do have children. We never considered taking our son on a cruise until he was 4 or 5, as it never seemed a pleasurable experience to accommodate all the necessary items required to care for an infant in the confines of a cruise ship cabin. Just my opinion, I respect the right for anyone out their to bring their children of all ages.

While I am sure the participants on this forum would not be included in this category...there are many parents that bring small children to late seating dinner, allowing them to carry-on endlessly. Thinking their child's screaming is entertaining to everyone around them.

Agreed. Well behaved kids are great. The type you describe above, well, here's hoping for payback in the form of seasickness