question for uktog re. Indian visa

tomtal

We will be going to India on the Journey in April. I do not intend to apply for the visa until February but am just trying to get my facts right. As we do not live too far from Hayes, we plan to visit the centre in person but, in the meantime, have downloaded the sample form. One of the questions is Details of Two References - one In India and the other in the UK. The one in the UK is, of course, simple (!). I note that you put down 'self sponsored' for the one in India. I wonder if the proper form - not the sample one - states reference/sponsor, as the sample one only mentions 'reference'. The simplest thing would, of course, be to contact the Embassy or Hayes centre, but at the moment it is impossible to get through. There seem to be so many different answers to the question and any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Pam

I just put down self sponsored and included a printout of the cruise itinerary. Ours were processed without query at Hayes as that is where the postal items are done. I think it asks for an address in India, you do not need the port agents details we just put M/S Azamara

Hope I've answered your question, if you have others ask away

Thanks for such a quick response - I've only got two months to worry about it!!!! Have a great New Year and hope the winds will have died down by then. We have had a beautiful Christmas day here but are expecting the bad weather to return on Friday. Can't wait to moan about being too hot in Mumbai! Kind regards - Pam

Pam, I'll confirm that's what I did for my cruise this past May. Once you got the process started (and paid the fee!) it was very quick. I'm hoping that India get their act together and include Britain as one of their "visa issued on entry" countries. The process has been mooted as happening soon and hopefully in time for my trip in April too. Keep an eye out for news:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10377093/India-to-ease-visa-rules-for-Britons.html

Phil