Merry Xmas to me! CCL wins again.

seannyice81

I was my own Santa today. I booked the second leg of Carnival Splendor's repositioning, online. San Juan to Miami. Stopping at St. Croix, Martinique, Grendada, Dominica, and Grand Turk.

The past 2 weeks I've been looking into my fall/winter 2014 cruise. I really, really, wanted to try NCL or RCL (again) but it was too hard not to book this cruise for the itinerary and price. Speaking of price, total came to only $20 more than my upcoming Victory 5-day cruise under the same category. (My erroneous decision not to book under Early Saver for that cruise means I don't get price reductions. Dang.)

I'm really looking forward to sampling some more islands and taking some sweet photos.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by seannyice81

I booked the second leg of Carnival Splendor's repositioning, online. San Juan to Miami. Stopping at St. Croix, Martinique, Grendada, Dominica, and Grand Turk.

This cruise is becoming more and more popular:D!! I just booked it yesterdat for these amazing ports...

This cruise is becoming more and more popular:D!! I just booked it yesterdat for these amazing ports...

The number 1 reason I booked this cruise.

Ho, ho, ho! Since Santa gave me some cash this year, I won't have to come out of pocket for my deposit! I'm going to book it as well in the next few days, possibly tomorrow. :D

Awesome!

I am waiting to book it when my PVP gets back from vacation as a Christmas/Early Birthday present to myself. DH just laughs when I say I'm booking a cruise. I love it when he's so agreeable.

Glad to see such a great group of CC members that are going to be on this ship. Its going to be a great time.

There is a rollcall and a social page that has been very active the past few days.

I am waiting to book it when my PVP gets back from vacation as a Christmas/Early Birthday present to myself. DH just laughs when I say I'm booking a cruise. I love it when he's so agreeable.

Glad to see such a great group of CC members that are going to be on this ship. Its going to be a great time.

There is a rollcall and a social page that has been very active the past few days.

It does look like quite a good group going. This should be a good time. :)

I think she's looking into a Disney trip with my aunt for next year, so she's probably not going to come this time.

How about your mom? She looked like she had a great time on your Breeze cruise.

No I'm taking her on the Freedom OTS. That's going to be HER cruise, and this is going to be MY cruise. :D

No I'm taking her on the Freedom OTS. That's going to be HER cruise, and this is going to be MY cruise. :D

Nice! That's pretty awesome of you!

So far its looking like a solo for me as well. I've got a few invites out, but no takers yet. Either way, this is going to be an awesome trip!

Nice! That's pretty awesome of you!

So far its looking like a solo for me as well. I've got a few invites out, but no takers yet. Either way, this is going to be an awesome trip!

Wow, maybe you two should room together ;)

This looks like such an awesome itin and a chance to sail with GAPEARL??? I wish we could. We are taking a trip on the Victory and then it is save save save to buy a house :( Hope you all have a great time.

Would have been fun. Congrats on buying a house!

Oh dear....lol :o:eek:

Are you able to book the b2b beginning in NY and ending in Miami? I had thought I had read somewhere you could not begin in one US port and end in another US port. I really want to book both.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You cannot book these as B2B. There's a long thread here about the NY cancellations and some were saying they were going to do that. At the time (before I booked this 11.1.14 sailing), I said that when I wanted to book both legs of the Conquest repo (NO-SJ + SJ-MI) I was told that was illegal.

I confirmed this with my PVP. You cannot book NY-SJ + SJ-MI. But you COULD add the first Miami round-trip sailing at the end. A guy who was on our Conquest repo did that: SJ-Mi + the first Miami roundtrip over Thanksgiving.

I'm actually thinking about Splendor SJ-MI and getting a shuttle over to Ft Lauderdale and doing 6 nights from there for my own *special* B2B.

lol I'd probably be cool sharing a room with somebody from here. As long as the other person doesn't mind me occasionally talking in my sleep:o. I never sit naked on balconies and always courtesy flush, though LOL!

Right now I'm in an "interior" porthole cabin with upper-lower twin beds. I've got a few invites out to some friends. Depending on if/and how many get back to me, I'll upgrade. I called about upgrading to a balcony today, but its just a little too much under a solo booking.

Enjoy the cruise, we were booked on it when it originally ended in New York, now since changed to Miami.

We ended up cancelling and decided to cruise Thanksgiving week with Celebrity (better rate, lots of perks, etc.)

Have a good time!