Question about the current $80 Bar Credit

sunsandsip

I'm wondering about the cheers prgm too. From the fine print: "Onboard credit is applicable to bar purchases only & cannot be used prior to sailing". The cheers prgm technically falls within those parameters.

Edit: spelling

Edited by canuckgirl

What is the number to call? I tried to remit a price drop but received a letter this am that we were not booked under ES. We are under past guest so that would be good.

I see someone else has given you the number, but you have to be a past guest of Carnival to get it. I'm assuming you are past the final payment date and that is why it was stated you weren't booked under ES. If you're already booked and have previously sailed with Carnival you will have to not be in penalty phase (I.e. past final pmt) to get the promotion if you are not booked under ES. If you are booked under ES, it doesn't matter. But know that if you have any OBC that was a part of a promotion you will lose it.

I'm wondering about the cheers prgm too. From the fine print: "Onboard credit is applicable to bar purchases only & cannot be used prior to sailing". The cheers prgm technically falls within those parameters.

Edit: spelling

Good question. Are you wondering if this could be used to pay towards the Cheers program?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

I tried to call last night as the online booking wasn't working for me. The sales guy said the credit was only for people who were past guests on Carnival's "sister" lines, which I can't find printed anywhere, and doesn't sound true from what I'm reading here. I'll be calling my PVP this morning and hope to have better luck...

He definitely lied. You have to have sailed with Carnival before. If you're already booked and have previously sailed with Carnival you will have to not be in penalty phase (I.e. past final pmt) to get the promotion if you are not booked under ES. If you are booked under ES, it doesn't matter. But know that if you have any OBC that was a part of a promotion you will lose it.

If you're try to make a new booking, then you just need to have sailed with Carnival before.

Good luck to you.

We too have paid in full, on ES & are past guests currently booked at a resident rate of $1458. There may be a loophole: If we do decide to book the bar credit rate of $1498 for our cruise today we would be paying $40 more to get a bar credit of $40. Couldn't I just switch it BACK from the past guest w/bar credit to the lower resident rate? This way i can pay my original rate of $1458 and get $40 OBC?

We too have paid in full, on ES & are past guests currently booked at a resident rate of $1458. There may be a loophole: If we do decide to book the bar credit rate of $1498 for our cruise today we would be paying $40 more to get a bar credit of $40. Couldn't I just switch it BACK from the past guest w/bar credit to the lower resident rate? This way i can pay my original rate of $1458 and get $40 OBC?

Just to confirm, would the OBC refunded to my account be regular OBC, meaning I could use it for anything? Correct me if I'm wrong but under ES rules I can switch to any lower rate as many times as I want to get the best price avail?

If you do that you'll lose the OBC so it would be a mute point.

I just called carnival got the 80$ bar credit but the catch is I just upgraded to a premium vista balcony for 204$ minus the 80 $'s so pvb for 124$ never do that again yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET DEAL!!!!!!! Wife is VERY VERY happy.

Congrats on that! You will LOVE that cabin. Best cabins on the ship!

We were in vista suite 7298 for our Thanksgiving cruise on the Miracle and booked again for the same cabin next Thanksgiving. Love having the separate room! :D

Just booked our adult kids on the same cruise and they got the $80 bar credit under past guest rate and their first balcony!

Just to confirm, would the OBC refunded to my account be regular OBC, meaning I could use it for anything? Correct me if I'm wrong but under ES rules I can switch to any lower rate as many times as I want to get the best price avail?

The rules of the promotion state it can only be used onboard towards bar purchases. Not prior to sailing or not towards any other purchase.

To me, thats 3-4 buckets of beer. Easy to do on an 8 day cruise. So the $80 I am saving I can use elsewhere. I'm not ready to book ES just yet so I'll take the credit for now.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Got it! First call was a net gain of $20 credit for 2pax room and was told 3pax rate was much higher and would cost more. She was nice enough but I thought she was wrong. I got off the phone and double checked my facts and called back. Sure enough $10 lower room rate and eligible for the $80 OBC for the 3pax room.

Many thanks to everyone for your help with this! To he OP and then the poster for the number... And of course the moral support to give it a shot. Happy cruising!

We were able to get the credit yesterday. We initally booked online as a past guest, are fully paid, and didn't have to change anything. I pulled up our reservation to find out that it was added as a regular OBC. Very happy with that.

You must not be past final payment. But it will show as regular OBC...I just wonder if it's really programmed that they know it has to be used at the bar? I have the OBC for a shore excursion....it was buy 1 get 1 free...$160 in OBC.

We were issued our $80 bar credit yesterday. We booked on December 20 while onboard the Paradise. We had benefited to a special "additional" obc as a booking bonus. (It was $200 for a 9 day cruise in April instead of $100). I was worried that we would lose that if we tried for the $80. However, we were able to get BOTH! It shows up on my account as $200 OBC, and $80 bar credit. So, now our gratuities are pre-paid and we got a jump on the bar tab! Loving that!