"inside" balconies

Akitkat118

They remind me of a condominium complex. It just does not apeal to me on a cruise ship.

Yes it is very much like that. Actually the whole Oasis didn't appeal to me much. Her size and design are amazing, but I never felt like we were cruising.

We had a Boarwalk balcony and a Central Park balcony on the Allure, doing a back to back on the Allure. I would take a regular oceanview room any day of the week over these. Too noisy and no privacy. In fact we would stay home rather than staying in these rooms.

More Boardwalk balconies for the rest of us and a less crowded Windjammer with your absence. :rolleyes:

They remind me of a condominium complex. It just does not apeal to me on a cruise ship.

Ha. Someone once did a review of their Central Park balcony room and said that they felt like they were at port all week with another ship parked right across from them.

Ha. Someone once did a review of their Central Park balcony room and said that they felt like they were at port all week with another ship parked right across from them.

Interesting perspective....we are on Allure in summer 2014 in a CP Balcony. We have had Ocean View Balconies before, and found that once or twice at most we sat on the balcony....rarely were we there for a sunset, usually somewhere else on the ship, and we only once got up to see a sunrise.

For us, it will be something new to try and compare to our past experiences, which we enjoyed.

Boardwalk! Have been on the boardwalk twice, and love it!. The last time was the 14th Dec sailing in cabin 10329 (the one right at the end overlooking Aqua-Theatre) --- here's some pics of the view

2w6gilh.jpg

a11zcw.jpg

2e1svhd.jpg

Noise was minimal --- yes, heard the Oasis of Dreams Show -- but was out watching it anyway. Heard a sound-check for about 10 minutes one morning around 10. Other than that, really nothing.

Once I was dressed - my curtains were open and stayed open -- didn't bother me. Also sat out on the balcony a lot in the late afternoon - had no issue that people could see me.

I'd book boardwalk again!

Edited by jaspercat

Our favorite balcony on the Oasis class is the aft Boardwalk balconies. We chose it, not due to price (even though it typically is cheaper) but because we love it. only if we can get the ones closer towards the aqua theater.

Like others said, you can have the best of both worlds. As far as looking into other cabins or balcony's across the way or them looking in mine. I never came across that as an interest; have never gawked at others or have been gawked at. Too much other stuff going on to be a busy body.

Once you lock your balcony door, you won't hear noise.

Loved the boardwalk balcony and people would be out there having coffee or watching the show. It was the best of both worlds having the aft ocean view and seeing everything going on with the zipline, the boardwalk below and the aqua show. Wouldn't want central park and never saw anyone outside there.

All grandgeezer did was express his thoughts about the subject at hand. At least he contributed something of value to the thread.

No. He denigrated the choice of others having never tried it. I have been in 11729 and have several times talked about what a great cabin it is. Saying you would never travel in such a cabin is not helpful.

I made that statement to show how much we disliked the cabins. I didn't belittle the people who really said they liked it and would do it again. I respect other peoples opinion and would not critisize them for voicing their honest opinion. Maybe I'm in the minority though.

No. He denigrated the choice of others having never tried it. I have been in 11729 and have several times talked about what a great cabin it is. Saying you would never travel in such a cabin is not helpful.

He said he has been in both a central park and boardwalk balcony cabin. He then sated his opinion of them. What makes his opinion to never book one again any less valid than you thinking you had a great cabin?

You both have opposite opinions. I appreciate hearing both sides.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Also, there are the "secret balconies" at the aft of the 12th and 11th floor which are barely used and you can go out there for shows and beautiful aft views. We were on the 11th floor and went out there for sail away, docking and the belly flop competition ;).

Definitely try this kind of room, it's our favorite!!

I am a little confused, so perhaps you can explain, what you mean by "secret balconies".....aren't they attached to cabins?

We will be cruising on Allure in June/July 2014 on deck 11 with a Central Park Balcony cabin. Looking forward to it. We have enjoyed our Ocean View Balconies on other cruises, but wanted to try something new.

Boardwalk! Have been on the boardwalk twice, and love it!. The last time was the 14th Dec sailing in cabin 10329 (the one right at the end overlooking Aqua-Theatre) --- here's some pics of the view

2w6gilh.jpg

a11zcw.jpg

2e1svhd.jpg

Noise was minimal --- yes, heard the Oasis of Dreams Show -- but was out watching it anyway. Heard a sound-check for about 10 minutes one morning around 10. Other than that, really nothing.

Once I was dressed - my curtains were open and stayed open -- didn't bother me. Also sat out on the balcony a lot in the late afternoon - had no issue that people could see me.

I'd book boardwalk again!

AWESOME! Now, that's more like it! Go Boardwalk!

I am a little confused, so perhaps you can explain, what you mean by "secret balconies".....aren't they attached to cabins?

We will be cruising on Allure in June/July 2014 on deck 11 with a Central Park Balcony cabin. Looking forward to it. We have enjoyed our Ocean View Balconies on other cruises, but wanted to try something new.

On the 11th and 12th floors, if you go all the way aft past all the cabins there is a glass door out onto a public balcony. Usually empty because only people who research here tend to know. They are great for sail away and the aqua shows.

On the 11th and 12th floors, if you go all the way aft past all the cabins there is a glass door out onto a public balcony. Usually empty because only people who research here tend to know. They are great for sail away and the aqua shows.

Thanks....now the secret is shared with US!!!!