Changing bed configuration

Becky

We will be sailing on New Years Day. We have two rooms booked for 5 people. One room handles a triple which I believe will be a bunk bed.

When should we request the bed configuration changed (prior to sailing or after we arrive)? Meaning the two twin beds put together.

We will be sailing on New Years Day. We have two rooms booked for 5 people. One room handles a triple which I believe will be a bunk bed.

When should we request the bed configuration changed (prior to sailing or after we arrive)? Meaning the two twin beds put together.

We have never had a problem telling the steward first thing, but we like to call ahead and let them know so we don't have to worry about it.

Typically the cabin bed arrangement for a balcony or suite will be set up as a

queen bed (two twins beds pushed together) and covered with a common

sheet and outer comforter.

The cabin steward will have access to the passenger boarding manifest and

unless as mentioned in a previous post set up the cabin for a couple.

I have found when this is not so I mention it to my cabin steward and in less

than 5 minutes the change is done right before your eyes. Beds separated -

singles sheets and comforters changed - the little night stand tables moved -

and anything hidden under the bed rearranged. Faster than snapping fingers

for a genie to grant a wish out of a bottle. Regarding the murphy type of beds

or bunk beds that fold out of a bulkhead this must be an arrangement in an

inside cabin - not familiar with that.

This needs to be done, or should be done, at the time of booking. Your agent or NCL can easily check the little box for this and any other special requests like a bed board, mattress topper etc. That said, it may not be done when you get to your cabin and if not, tell the cabin steward.

This was on another cruise line but I like sharing the story. We had booked to cabins with DW and my SIL with niece and nephew traveling. In order to get the past cruiser discount DW had to be in one cabin and I in the other so it we booked the girls in one and the two boys in the other.

On board we went to the Purser, err Guest Service, err Customer Service and got the sign and sale, err room keys so SIL would be with her kids and I with DW.

Once the luggage was delivered my DNw and I go to the cabin to get his luggage and bring it over to his Mom's cabin. We are in the cabin setup with two beds when the cabin steward knocks to introduce himself.

We go thru the introductions and I finish up asking him to put the beds together.

The Steward looks at me, then looks at DNw and back to me. The look on his face was priceless... Just before he backs out the door I laugh and explain how my wife will be moving in and DNw out.

Wish I had filmed that.

FWIW