HOU to Galveston

cruise.freak

What do you think is the cheapest way for two people to get from HOU to Galveston one day before cruise and than post cruise back to HOU day cruise ends? I was wondering if a rental car would be worth it since our cruise leaves on a Saturday and Enterprise is open on Saturday but not sure if you can still do one way rentals into Galveston but than still have to figure way to get back to HOU.

I'm trying to figure that out myself! I have a family of four so I know it would cost a little more, but it appears that taking a car/limo service is the best option if you are flyng in to IAH. It seems much cheaper to get to Galveston from Hobby. I am in the process of contacting limo/car services and it appears that the cehapest from IAH is about $125 each way for a amily of four. For two it would be about 30 bucks cheaper.

I used Execucar back in October to get from HOU to Galveston. Cost was $110 (plus tip) one way.

Are cruise line transfers an option for you? In my case, they weren't as I was cruising DCL and they don't transfer from HOU. For the return, we had a relative pick us up since we were staying in town a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a quote from Super Shuttle for $110 each way from HOU RT. We are staying near port, so we will pay for a cab to the ship (5 min. drive), but the $110 is each direction (HOU to hotel) and (ship to airport). Its a shame.....same 45 min. drive in FL cost $45 each way.

We are using Cool Tours for our round trip transportation. Super Shuttle only had scheduled pickup times which had us waiting at the airport for a couple hours. Cool tours for two people was quoted $180.00 round trip and it is a private ride so we don't have to wait on anybody.

Don't know about cheapest, but I'd definitely use a car service. Pickup and delivery on your schedule, at your convenience, no hassles with trying to park or return a rent car. Yes, Houston's car services are generally more expensive than those I've used in Florida.