Are you booked or planning for a Princess Cruise like what we are looking for

Moviegirlnyorlando

Fresh off the ruby today we are already looking at what to watch price drops for. So far it's the 5 or 6 western Caribbean. From FLL (grand cayman , Roatann Honduras , Cozumel and princess cay or the southern Caribbean 10 nighter on royal or Caribbean princess, we'd love a Panama Canal but it's too long away from kids/dogs/work and too pricey. Probably not royal for 10 day unless price drops, we'd like something in the $500-$800 pp range for an inside cabin

We are really looking for a 7 night cruise with lots of ports that's a reasonable priced, but not over summer months, it just me and hubby on this one so school time is fine, we'd love the one that has San Juan as a port but it only seems to be offered in summer months and hubby can't do as it's busy season at work

We are willing to wait up to a year or a year and a half as we have other land locked vacations we will be taking but do have the on oars deposit down for the next princess cruise.

any ideas of any cruises any of you are booked on our looking at would be most welcome !

Fresh off the ruby today we are already looking at what to watch price drops for. So far it's the 5 or 6 western Caribbean. From FLL (grand cayman , Roatann Honduras , Cozumel and princess cay or the southern Caribbean 10 nighter on royal or Caribbean princess, we'd love a Panama Canal but it's too long away from kids/dogs/work and too pricey. Probably not royal for 10 day unless price drops, we'd like something in the $500-$800 pp range for an inside cabin

We are really looking for a 7 night cruise with lots of ports that's a reasonable priced, but not over summer months, it just me and hubby on this one so school time is fine, we'd love the one that has San Juan as a port but it only seems to be offered in summer months and hubby can't do as it's busy season at work

We are willing to wait up to a year or a year and a half as we have other land locked vacations we will be taking but do have the on oars deposit down for the next princess cruise.

any ideas of any cruises any of you are booked on our looking at would be most welcome !

Since you live in Florida have you thought about booking another short cruise on the Ruby for January? They are having a great sale right now where you can have the cruise fare applied to another cruise in 2014. I have clients doing this in January and then planning on taking another cruise in December to use the credit.

One of my favorite 7 day cruises goes to St Thomas, St Martin, Princess Cays and Grand Turk. The Ruby picks these ports up again starting in November. If you stay away from the holiday weeks prices in November and December are pretty attractive.

Since you live in Florida have you thought about booking another short cruise on the Ruby for January? They are having a great sale right now where you can have the cruise fare applied to another cruise in 2014. I have clients doing this in January and then planning on taking another cruise in December to use the credit.

One of my favorite 7 day cruises goes to St Thomas, St Martin, Princess Cays and Grand Turk. The Ruby picks these ports up again starting in November. If you stay away from the holiday weeks prices in November and December are pretty attractive.

I second that recommendation, Whimsy. Ruby and those ports (even GT) is a good combination. I took a submarine excursion in GT that was well worth the spend. Good duty -free shop there too.

Norris

in Chicago

I just got off a 10-day cruise on the Emerald Princess last week, which we got a really great deal on. When all was said and done, I think we paid $750pp plus taxes/fees (complete with a price drop after final payment) for an obstructed OV on it. I recall the 7-day Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean sailing was pretty cheap in early December as well. It's definitely a good time to look, although airfare can be kind of pricey if you have to deal with that.

My DH and I are booked to do the Eastern Caribbean 7 night on Nov.8th next year. It will go to Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St Thomas, Grand Turk. We got an oceanview for appx. $900 each including taxes. Probably if you wait until about July / Aug it will get on sale. That's a maybe.

Last Caribbean cruise we did was on Disney and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one! :)

For spring/fall sailings we prefer the 10 day Panama partial transits because this has lots of ports. Try to get Aruba and Grand Cayman ports.

For 7 day, the eastern trips have more ports than western trips, but we really miss the sailings out of San Juan. They had two great routes with 6 ports in 7 days. Sailing out of FLL you can't get far enough to hit many ports.

You might also look at a repositioning that goes to Bermuda. Those may be 9 days, though. Also possible that you will not get in since the channel is narrow and can be closed due to wind (we are 1 for 2 on this).

Your big advantage is that during Spring and Fall prices tend to be cheaper and you get a lot of choice. And these are the repositioning seasons, so you may see itinieraries that are only offered once a year.

For spring/fall sailings we prefer the 10 day Panama partial transits because this has lots of ports. Try to get Aruba and Grand Cayman ports.

For 7 day, the eastern trips have more ports than western trips, but we really miss the sailings out of San Juan. They had two great routes with 6 ports in 7 days. Sailing out of FLL you can't get far enough to hit many ports.

You might also look at a repositioning that goes to Bermuda. Those may be 9 days, though. Also possible that you will not get in since the channel is narrow and can be closed due to wind (we are 1 for 2 on this).

Your big advantage is that during Spring and Fall prices tend to be cheaper and you get a lot of choice. And these are the repositioning seasons, so you may see itinieraries that are only offered once a year.

That's great to here as we are thinking for sure to go on the 11 night partial transit thru Panama Canal in the fall of this year or sing of next year, but now I'm also looking at the 7 day carribean. Summer one that's offering the 3 for free, excursion credit, bottle of wine and framed picture which I think are on the carribean princess,

Got off our first princess cruise yesterday and am hooked,

I'd also love to sail out of San Juan. My husband is from PR and we could do a back to back family visit/cruise vacation only issue is airfare to PR has gotten very expensive, it's more expensive to fly there from Orlando then it is to California ! This is how we wound up on the ruby for Christmas when we were at first planning a trip to PR by airplane, taking the cruise was 1/2 the price of the airfare alone to PR

My DH and I are booked to do the Eastern Caribbean 7 night on Nov.8th next year. It will go to Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St Thomas, Grand Turk. We got an oceanview for appx. $900 each including taxes. Probably if you wait until about July / Aug it will get on sale. That's a maybe.

Last Caribbean cruise we did was on Disney and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one! :)

Did you see the 3 for free sale today ? Does that apply to your booking ? (Free excursion credit, free bottle of wine, free framed portrait on 7 day carribean bookings )

I just got off a 10-day cruise on the Emerald Princess last week, which we got a really great deal on. When all was said and done, I think we paid $750pp plus taxes/fees (complete with a price drop after final payment) for an obstructed OV on it. I recall the 7-day Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean sailing was pretty cheap in early December as well. It's definitely a good time to look, although airfare can be kind of pricey if you have to deal with that.

We can drive into FLL from Orlando so are pretty much set on FLL departures only to save on airfare

If you can travel on short notice (around 2 weeks) get on the standby e-mail list with Princess.

Killer deals!! ;)

Yes most of the time I can esp on shorter cruises.

Thanks everyone for your excellent suggestions

We booked the 7 night Turks, San Juan, St Marten, Princess Cay trip on 5/31 but waiting for price drop!

Also wanting to do the Panama Canal after it.