One thing you wish you knew a about Reflection BEFORE you got on?

LiseD

Cruising for the first time with Celebrity on Reflection next week. It seems like every cruise we discover a cool spot or neat thing on the ship the LAST day of the cruise!! So help me out and make sure I know about these places/things BEFORE we get on the ship!

My wife and I enjoyed Reflection so much last January, we are sailing again on her January 4th 2014 cruise in the same AQ cabin. My tip is the relaxation room which has a great view of San Juan forts and downtown as the ship enters the harbor. Comfortable seat, great views, and it is quiet what is not to like? Happy Cruising!

I'm also interested in this thread. We leave on our first Celebrity cruise in a week and look forward to the new experience onboard Reflection. I totally get it when you say that you discover places near the end of your cruise. Do you have a suggestion... post it and Thanks!

Another vote for the sunset bar. Also made to order eggs Benedict in the buffet. The Solstice deck is a nice area for sun away from the pool. I'm sure you've heard about the martini bar, also try Michael's if you like a wide variety of beers and also nice scotch there. We also had great dinners at the Tuscan Grill and Qsine, Qsine was a lot of fun with a big group.

Don't forget to come back after your cruise and tell us about the nice spots you found and enjoyed:)

We loved The Porch for lunch and the Lawn Club Grille for dinner. Both of these dining venues are well worth visiting, and are not on the first three S-class ships.

Also worth a visit are The Hideaway on decks 7 and 8. If your stateroom is near there, the coffee on Hideaway's lower level was always better than in the buffet area.

Edited by boogs

I was surprised at just how restrictive the smoking policies were. In very rainy weather, deck 5 was closed (far longer than the rain persisted), so no smoking there. Similarly, deck 15 and the Sunset Bar. Closed. No other place to go and no accommodation made.

I thought this was way, way harsh.

As a smoker, which I am and I am sorry for that, the rainy days at sea were torture. I wish I could quit smoking, and I am willing to live with designated smoking areas, but I don't think it's realistic for me to sail on Celebrity again, and that is a shame.

And I don't need to be told not to let the door hit me on the way out.

As for the relaxation room, if the OP isn't in AQ or getting a spa treatment , then the OP won't be allowed to access the relaxation room. On the Equinox ship there were spa employees "carding" people to make sure they were in AQ

Edited by 4cats4me

I found the pool to be crowded and that's where we spend our days at sea, so we were forced to find fun elsewhere. We discovered that the top deck lawn, the sunset bar, and the Lawn Club grill were just PERFECT for relaxing and socializing on sea days. The shaded sofas at the sunset bar, along with the little sidewalk tables and chairs, the hammocks on the lawn, and dinners at Lawn Club made us not miss the craziness of the pool at all, and besides, we got plenty of sun and swimming on the Islands. Oh, and for a quick trip downstairs, you can get a nice plate of fruit and cheese or sushi from the oceanview and carry upstairs to the sunset bar for a great afternoon sailaway snack with wine or cocktails.

Another thing we noticed, but did not do, was the amount of people that took naps on the chaise lounges at the Solarium pool. It looked very peaceful and relaxing!

I was surprised at just how restrictive the smoking policies were. In very rainy weather, deck 5 was closed (far longer than the rain persisted), so no smoking there. Similarly, deck 15 and the Sunset Bar. Closed. No other place to go and no accommodation made.

I thought this was way, way harsh.

As a smoker, which I am and I am sorry for that, the rainy days at sea were torture. I wish I could quit smoking, and I am willing to live with designated smoking areas, but I don't think it's realistic for me to sail on Celebrity again, and that is a shame.

On Reflection there's a covered smoking section at the aft section of the pool deck.

"On Reflection there's a covered smoking section at the aft section of the pool deck."

I tried to smoke there during my November cruise. I was chased upstairs to the Sunset Bar.

I certainly can't imagine that. I was on Reflection where we were heading into the wind, making over 30 knots over the deck. I complained directly to the Hotel Director that when the sliding doors opened from people entering/exiting deck 14 (the smoking area) that the smoke was drafting all the way into the center of the buffet area. He told me it was a safety issue and couldn't close off the sliding doors. One would have thought he would have chased off the smokers up to the sunset bar???:rolleyes:

Smoking enforcement was minimal. Cigar smoking allowed at the Mast Bar where should have only been at the Sunset Bar, port side.

Cruising for the first time with Celebrity on Reflection next week. It seems like every cruise we discover a cool spot or neat thing on the ship the LAST day of the cruise!! So help me out and make sure I know about these places/things BEFORE we get on the ship!

We sailed on the Reflection in November. While we booked Murano several months ahead of time, we added the Lawn Club Grill last minute. Murano was certainly everything I had been told, but the Lawn Club Grill was another gem! We were both so glad we decided to try it out!

I enjoyed spending some quiet time time reading in the Hideway. It was a nicely secluded spot (with coffee!), and it was a nice little break.

Breakfast in the Porch .Great breakfast Panini.

-------also try Michael's if you like a wide variety of beers and also nice scotch there.

I'm not sure that Michael's will be open, as it's supposed to be used for Zenith members.

It was closed for private parties/ functions, when they were trialling it for VIP guests on our TA on Infinity ( since become the lounge for Zenith & suite passengers)

rdler,

You would have plenty to complain about if a sliding door hit you. I am sure that it's for 'Health & Safety' reasons the caution is advised. Can you imagine how much compensation would cost Celebrity? I have seen how some of those doors can swing in bad weather!!

Edited by upwarduk

Loved the Sunset Bar area....really relaxing area and we spent a lot of time back there. REALLY loved the Aqua Spa this time around. The steam room was great and the ice room was really fantastic after being in the steam room. The Aromatherapy room was a welcome add as well as more heated tile loungers! The spa is just great all the way around on the Reflection.

There is a bathroom located on the left side from the Sunset Bar (the same side where the Porch is). It took me several minutes to figure out how to open the door the bathroom. I know it sounds silly but it is a sliding type door that could ONLY be open when you place your hand on a special square that is not very clearly marked. I'm sure some people passing by got a few chuckles seeing me trying to open the door. I had never seen this technology anywhere else, at sea or on land.

We loved Reflection!

We loved The Porch for lunch and the Lawn Club Grille for dinner. Both of these dining venues are well worth visiting, and are not on the first three S-class ships.

Also worth a visit are The Hideaway on decks 7 and 8. If your stateroom is near there, the coffee on Hideaway's lower level was always better than in the buffet area.

Ditto ALL of these!!:)

Since it seems to be your first time on a Celebrity boat, I will tell you that Cafe Al Bacio pastries are free...

Always funny to see people battling over a pancake at the last morning buffet when you can eat much refined food there almost alone.