New Beverage Packages

MMFM3

Would anyone know with the new royal replenish package is it necessary for 2 adults in the same cabin to get the alcohol package??

I never purchase it because my husband doesn't drink and it was never allowed. It would nice to purchase the alcohol package for myself and the royal replenish for my husband.

I purchased a Royal Replenish package for my husband and three kids yesterday by phone and an alcohol package for myself- no problem!

I'm in the same boat- so to speak- as you. I drink alcohol but my husband does not. On our past cruise with RC I just didn't buy a package and my husband got the soda package, just less of a headache for us. I like not having to deal with a big drink bill at the end of the cruise. I don't exactly drink heavily, but even $5 drinks add up!

I'm in the same boat- so to speak- as you. I drink alcohol but my husband does not. On our past cruise with RC I just didn't buy a package and my husband got the soda package, just less of a headache for us. I like not having to deal with a big drink bill at the end of the cruise. I don't exactly drink heavily, but even $5 drinks add up!

Is it really better to have a huge bill before the cruise or just big bill after the cruise?

I never understood this logic...

It's my third cruise and the first time that I will buy packages: I will buy an alcohol package for me and replenish for my wife. The main reason is not to think before EVERY order: should I drink it or not??? The huge bill at the end or before is there anyway ;-)

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

So how do they stop people from just buying 1 and using it for both people? Is there a time limit or something? It seems like they just opened it up to people to abuse!

I was wondering the same thing. Bars are everywhere and it seems like people would abuse it.

So how do they stop people from just buying 1 and using it for both people? Is there a time limit or something? It seems like they just opened it up to people to abuse!

I was wondering the same thing. Bars are everywhere and it seems like people would abuse it.

You have to show your card to get a drink & are only allowed to get 1 drink at a time. There are varying reports on the time limit, like you have to wait 10-20 minutes before getting your next drink.

You have to show your card to get a drink & are only allowed to get 1 drink at a time. There are varying reports on the time limit, like you have to wait 10-20 minutes before getting your next drink.

Seriously sophisticated system they must have. I guess that the Drink Police

would come and take you to the brigade. :eek:

Seriously sophisticated system they must have. I guess that the Drink Police

would come and take you to the brigade. :eek:

They scan your card when you get the drink, so the time is in the computer & I think it pops something up if they try to scan your card again before the time is up.

If you are caught cheating they will revoke the package for the remainder of your cruise with no refund.

They scan your card when you get the drink, so the time is in the computer & I think it pops something up if they try to scan your card again before the time is up.

If you are caught cheating they will revoke the package for the remainder of your cruise with no refund.

Hmmm, another item to include on the packing list, a stop watch:D

What if I have a drink from the package and I give DH a sip to sample it. Is this against the rules? Not even a taste to see if he likes it?

Edited by goldgirl2

Didn't read through both pages but Very happy to hear they changed it! My dh drinks more than enough to make the drink package worth it...for him, but Not for me! I might have 2 drinks during a 7 night cruise. So we booked my dh in the JS with his dd and me with my dd in the Central Park View room because we wanted to avoid me having to buy the package. Now I can switch us back and not have to worry. And the new package sounds great for my dd who will be 22 but does not drink alcohol :-)

If I purchase the select or premium package do I still get the bottled water and OJ included in the replenish or do I have to purchase each package seperately?

The select and premium packages do not include the bottled water and fresh squeezed OJ. You could purchase the Ultimate package which includes everything.