Love my Royal Rewards card

PattyG12

I cashed in some of my BOA points several months ago for a sailing I had scheduled for March. Unfortunately right before final payment I had to move the sailing to May. I just called BOA redemption, prepared for a long drawn out call. The woman was professional, quick and helpful and the OBC has been moved to my May sailing without any hassle at all!!

I love mine, too. I gotten a 7 day cruise free on the Oasis and I had enough points to get $800 OBC for the cruise.

Currently not booked or looking to cruise in the next 2 years (college payments) so I have moved to another card.

I cashed in some of my BOA points several months ago for a sailing I had scheduled for March. Unfortunately right before final payment I had to move the sailing to May. I just called BOA redemption, prepared for a long drawn out call. The woman was professional, quick and helpful and the OBC has been moved to my May sailing without any hassle at all!!

Good story. I assume that you kept the same reservation number? I was told that the award can't be switched to a booking with a different reservation number although I have done so in the past.

Not sure if I got an uninformed person on the phone or if it is a new rule. I did not push it as I am not sure yet whether it will need to be moved.

Edited by molly361

Good story. I assume that you kept the same reservation number? I was told that the award can't be switched to a booking with a different reservation number although I have done so in the past.

Not sure if I got an uninformed person on the phone or if it is a new rule. I did not push it as I am not sure yet whether it will need to be moved.

From my own personal experience that happened recently, before you cancel a cruise you can ask that any OBC from Visa Points be transferred to another cruise even with a different booking number.

Edited by cruisenfever

From my own personal experience that happened recently, before you cancel a cruise you can ask that any OBC from Visa Points be transferred to another cruise even with a different booking number.

The award that I had changed a few months ago was a 50,000 point award for a free cruise for 2. The cruise we booked went way down in price where the award value became a lot less than $500. They let me change it to a different 4 day cruise we had booked.

That is why I was surprised when the rep told me about a week ago that you can not transfer the award.

The award that I had changed a few months ago was a 50,000 point award for a free cruise for 2. The cruise we booked went way down in price where the award value became a lot less than $500. They let me change it to a different 4 day cruise we had booked.

That is why I was surprised when the rep told me about a week ago that you can not transfer the award.

Must be different rules for transferring different rewards options.

I get the $500 off from 50,000 points earned on my credit card when I redeem the points and the $150 is from the Crown and Anchor coupons that come out periodically. I combine the two together to get $650.00 off.

You are getting very poor perks (1%) with that card except for RCL spending..

I get the $500 off from 50,000 points earned on my credit card when I redeem the points and the $150 is from the Crown and Anchor coupons that come out periodically. I combine the two together to get $650.00 off.

What 150.00 from crown and anchor, how to you know when these come out, are you talking about the saving certificates, or are there coupons?

What 150.00 from crown and anchor, how to you know when these come out, are you talking about the saving certificates, or are there coupons?

Those are savings certificates available to Crown and Anchor members. They come our quarterly. New ones should be out January 1st or 2nd