Airline Tickets-How Far In Advance

DH and I will be doing our first Transatlantic in October out of Barcelona on the Liberty. A question for you seasoned TA cruisers..... How far in advance do you purchase your airline tickets ?? We will be using ChoiceAir. Thanks for your help.

Our experience has been the sooner the better. We booked our flights for our Barcelona to Venice cruise as soon as Delta released the flights. They have now doubled in price. A lot depends on your needs. We wanted direct flights and Business class where seats are booking quickly.

Edited by cruisingator2

DH and I will be doing our first Transatlantic in October out of Barcelona on the Liberty. A question for you seasoned TA cruisers..... How far in advance do you purchase your airline tickets ?? We will be using ChoiceAir. Thanks for your help.

Flights are available 330 days out. We have already booked ours for November Serenade from BCN using choice air. The earlier the better these days - nobody discounts late anymore because virtually all flights are packed. YMMV.

We were on the same sailing as keywestk and as soon as the booking became available 330 days out, we bought our tickets. Our local TA went with their consolidator and we got fabulous prices for DH & myself from So Calif. I generally monitor the prices and when I feel they are down to their lowest price I book. For International flights I tend to book earlier then 6 months.

Did the Liberty TA last Oct. booked Choice air from Southern California in March 625.

Booked San Diego to Barcelona via NY for this November using Choice Air; 1 way = $532.95/ea with "only" 14 1/2 hours travel time. By far the best deal out there!

Booked Rome last year (Mariner TA) for about the same price - but the best deals do seem to go very early these days.

Agree asap when flights are released by airline. Just beware that flight times can change as date approaches. Keep a watch on the times so you don't miss your flight. Have had a time change for 2 hrs 40 min earlier, had purse stolen and lost cell. Almost missed flight coming home!!! Just glad I went to airport after filing forms with local police RE: purse; had I not, I would have had to buy another ticket!!!!!