Newark Airport to Cape Liberty

wongri

I will be travelling on the Constellation's New England cruise with a group of 10 adults. Would anyone know how far it is from Newark airport to the pier and best mode of transporation? Should we pre-arrange a van to take us and if so would any one have name of limo company?

Thanks!

Rita

Rita, Newark airport is very close to the pier. 10 to 15 mins tops. When you leave the airport with your luggage, cross the street to the taxi stand. The prices are regulated and they will tell you the price before you get in. We often take the cab for the ride home from the airport as it is easier for us than wondering if our driver is there or not. Pat

Rita, Newark airport is very close to the pier. 10 to 15 mins tops. When you leave the airport with your luggage, cross the street to the taxi stand. The prices are regulated and they will tell you the price before you get in. We often take the cab for the ride home from the airport as it is easier for us than wondering if our driver is there or not. Pat

Hello Rodpat,

We will be returning from a transatlantic to Cape Liberty. Will cabs be available from there to the Newark Airport?

Thank you,

Judy,

Are you on this Sept TA? If so come on over to the roll call board. Pam

Hi Pam,

My TA is next August-2006. Just trying to line up transportation ideas. So, do you know if there are taxi's available at Cape Liberty when disembarking?

Thanks,

Daju22, yes there are cabs at the pier that you can get to the airport. If you are on our Constellation Ta this September please stop by the roll call board and say hello. We have a very active thread with lots of really nice people. Pat

We are considering booking the Constellation for Oct. 5, 2006 for the 11 night cruise to Canada/New England. There will be four in our group-2 in wheel chairs. Plus, at least 3 pieces of luggage for each person. I don't think a taxi will work for us.

Are there transfers available from the ship to the airport? How much are they compared to hiring a van for the ride?

Also, we will be arriving the day before. We usually stay in motels that have free shuttle from the airport to the motel and then shuttle service to the ship. Any suggestions?

In Ft. Lauderdale and Miami we stayed at a Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn in Vancouver, Best Western in LA, and Boston I forget the chain, but it was also a moderate motel. What do you suggest for New Jersey?

I got the suggestion for the Boston motel from the CC boards. Hope you can help again.

Heres a link to a pdf file produced by Royal Caribbean and circulated by Ocean and Cruise News that may be useful. (It was produced in 2004 so it may not be totally current). Cape Liberty Cruise Port, NJ

AIRPORTS

Newark International Airport

Transfers will be available from EWR to Cape Liberty and vice versa. Prices to be determined. Cape Liberty is approximately 10 miles from the airport and is 15 minutes driving time.

John F. Kennedy Airport

Transfers may be available from JFK to Cape Liberty (still to be determined). Cape Liberty is approximately 30 miles from the airport.

LaGuardia International Airport

Transfers will not be available from LGA to Cape Liberty. All cruise only guests flying into LGA will be responsible for their own transportation from LGA to Cape Liberty. Air Sea guests will be accommodated through Newark International Airport.

Cape Liberty is approximately 21 miles from the airport.

TAXI COSTS

EWR to Cape Liberty: $35

JFK to Cape Liberty: Approx. $65 plus tolls

LGA to Cape Liberty: Approx. $70 plus tolls

©2004 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in Norway and the Bahamas. SL04-120647b • 2/24/2004

We are 2 couples signing on for this cruise (2006) tomorrow. Is there a thread going for it yet? If not we will start one.

Hi PNickle,

Are you talking about the Baltic or Transatlantic?

There's one for the TA that I haven't joined yet, but am following. Don't know about Baltic. We are doing a back to back for these two cruises.

Here's the thread for the TA:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=192462&page=1&pp=25

Booked the Baltic in May and the TA in June when it was available.

Seems like the TA is going fast. Super itinerary.

Judy

We are considering booking the Constellation for Oct. 5, 2006 for the 11 night cruise to Canada/New England. There will be four in our group-2 in wheel chairs. Plus, at least 3 pieces of luggage for each person. I don't think a taxi will work for us.

Are there transfers available from the ship to the airport? How much are they compared to hiring a van for the ride?

Also, we will be arriving the day before. We usually stay in motels that have free shuttle from the airport to the motel and then shuttle service to the ship. Any suggestions?

In Ft. Lauderdale and Miami we stayed at a Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn in Vancouver, Best Western in LA, and Boston I forget the chain, but it was also a moderate motel. What do you suggest for New Jersey?

I got the suggestion for the Boston motel from the CC boards. Hope you can help again.

There are basically no hotels in Bayonne so I would suggest staying at one of the hotels near the airport. Some may suggest Jersey City and that would normally be a good idea but with three wheelchairs I can't see going to Jersey City and then coming back to Bayonne. All of the major chains have hotels at Newark Airport, when you check web sites some may give Elizabeth, N.J. or Newark as their addresses. Either city is fine, actually most of Newark Airports property is actually in Elizabeth. The most convienent are the ones on Route 1 or Spring St. Below is a link to the airports web site on hotels. The one in Short Hills is about 20 miles away in the opposite direction of Bayonne.

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/ewrhotelsframe.htm

Archived