When does O send out flight info

MVPinBoynton

We booked an Asian cruise for March 2015 with the air included. I will probably cancel the air and get our own flights so we can arrive in Beijing earlier. How long before a cruise will O inform you about your flight itinerary? Do they run it by you before they actually book it or do you have any choice in what they do. I realize that we can pay a deviation charge, but just trying to find out how O handles the air arrangements. Thank you for any info you can provide.

It is my understanding that flight info is not provided until approximately 75 days prior to departure. I have paid in full for my 4/5/14 cruise and no flight info is available for my booking at the Oceania site.

If you utilize the air / flight deviation you will know your flight as soon as you confirm the flights with Oceania.

In the absence of a deviation, flight info is available after final payment.

That doesn't help you.

You got that right. :D So are you saying that I can contact them earlier about deviation and get something locked in? Or do I have to wait till final payment and then discuss deviation?

You got that right. :D So are you saying that I can contact them earlier about deviation and get something locked in? Or do I have to wait till final payment and then discuss deviation?

in a nutshell

You can contact them 270 days out to ask about flight deviation

you can choose what flights you want to take & see if they can get those flights without a further upcharge

You can also ask what flights they will give you for the days of travel you want

You can work with them until you both agree on the flights when you accept you will be charged the non refundable deviation fee ($175 PP)

I would read the T & C on the website on cancellation penalties

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

If you used a TA to book the cruise you must go through them

This has been discussed here MANY times you could check the search function to read up on how a deviation works ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

in a nutshell

You can contact them 270 days out to ask about flight deviation

you can choose what flight you want to take & see if they can get those flight without a further upcharge

You can also ask what flights they will give you for the days of travel you want

You can work with them until you both agree on the flights when you accept you will be charged the non refundable deviation fee ($175 PP)

I would read the T & C on the website on cancellation penalties

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

If you used a TA to book the cruise you must go through them

This has been discussed here MANY times you could check the search function to read up on how a deviation works ;)

Lyn

Lyn,

I did read the T&C's before posting (being a CPA, I read the contracts :D ) and several threads on flights and deviation. However, I did not find what I was looking for until your post. Thanks for the info.

Lyn,

I did read the T&C's before posting (being a CPA, I read the contracts :D ) and several threads on flights and deviation. However, I did not find what I was looking for until your post. Thanks for the info.

Glad it helped ;)

We've used the air deviation several times, always beginning at 270 days out, and have been very pleased. However, we will be doing our first B2B in November. Can we still request the deviation at 270 days out from the first cruise, or do we have to wait until 270 days out from our second sail date? I know many of you will have experience in booking deviations for a B2B, and will have the answer. Thanks, Marlene

Can we still request the deviation at 270 days out from the first cruise, or do we have to wait until 270 days out from our second sail date? I know many of you will have experience in booking deviations for a B2B, and will have the answer. Thanks, Marlene

In the past we had to wait for the 270 day mark of the 2nd cruise to get the return flights

Check with your TA (if you used one) or Oceania

Lyn

Thanks, Lyn. That's what I thought. Marlene

Marlene I just checked my May/June B2B and we do have 2 airline booking numbers so yes the flights are done at different time

I wonder if you wait for the 2nd leg to book both flights if it would be the same PNR #

I do not remember on previous B2B's if that was the case ...but I am a senior now so things get muddled in my brain:D

Lyn