Haven't been on Princess for a few years.

catugirl

We haven't cruised on Princess since 2010, and we have some questions about our upcoming January cruise on Crown Princess.

1. We will be in a full suite for the first time, and I understand we will have a mini-bar set up. What (and how many of each) are generally included in a mini-bar set up?

2. On our 2010 cruise we were allowed to purchase a bottle of wine in the MDR, and they would keep it for us for the next evening if we didn't finish it in one meal. Is that still the case? If so, can we also do that in Vines? If we purchase a bottle in Vines, would we be allowed to finish it in the MDR?

3. Since we are in a suite and our sailaway is at 4:00, what time would you suggest we arrive at the port? Approximately what time will be allowed onboard?

4. We noticed there is an Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d-oeuvres. Is this every day? Are they open all day or just at certain times in the evening? Are any drinks included?

We haven't cruised on Princess since 2010, and we have some questions about our upcoming January cruise on Crown Princess.

1. We will be in a full suite for the first time, and I understand we will have a mini-bar set up. What (and how many of each) are generally included in a mini-bar set up?

2. On our 2010 cruise we were allowed to purchase a bottle of wine in the MDR, and they would keep it for us for the next evening if we didn't finish it in one meal. Is that still the case? If so, can we also do that in Vines? If we purchase a bottle in Vines, would we be allowed to finish it in the MDR?

3. Since we are in a suite and our sailaway is at 4:00, what time would you suggest we arrive at the port? Approximately what time will be allowed onboard?

4. We noticed there is an Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d-oeuvres. Is this every day? Are they open all day or just at certain times in the evening? Are any drinks included?

Can't remember what's included in the mini-bar set-up but you can exchange the entire thing for either a bottle of wine or two coffee cards.

Yes, you can purchase a bottle of wine in any dining room, restaurant or even the buffet and it'll be stored for you, available wherever you decide to dine.

You will have priority boarding which usually begins between 11:30-Noon. You can get there any time after 10:30am to check in. With a 4pm sailaway, you should be checked-in and onboard no later than 3pm.

There is a Platinum/Elite/full suite "lounge" every night except for Captain's Circle party nights. Drinks are not included but there are eight different ones available at $5/drink. The appetizers are different every night. You'll get a card in your cabin with what is being served and the drink of the night is although you can order any of the drinks.

Edited by Pam in CA

This is from the Captain's Circle FAQ for the Elite minibar & the exchange options which I think is the same for a full Suite.

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of? Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked? Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine? Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following: Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi. Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia) Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia) Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor? Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol? Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other nonalcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar? Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your minibar for one of the following: Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar