Warning about venice

bcnvcanada

Because I believe that the Marghera port is also considered to be 'Venezia'.

But if I'm wrong, then I am lucky.

In fact, since I'll be taking a cruise vacation, I'm lucky either way! :D

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

I believe the Marghera port is in Venezia county, but not in the city of Venice, so I would take the answer as an indicator that you will in fact dock at at the normal Venice terminal.

You are right about beeing lucky either way. We've booked two nights in Venice before our cruise, so we'll be able to enjoy it even if we dock at the industrial port.

Why would the information not be useful? Sounds like you will be lucky and doch in Venice, whereas we will dock in Mestre when we depart in April

Mestre is right on the train line two stops from Venice or about 7 minutes. The cost is 1 euro each way.

Which dock next Sept for the Regal Princess may have affected our post-cruise hotel choice. It's a big ship so there's probably a good chance that we'll dock at the commercial port. We've docked at the new terminal a few times and like that we can use the PeopleMover without needing a taxi to get to our hotel. Regardless, hotel prices in Piazaale Roma are considerably higher in Sept than last summer so we decided to book the Best Western in Maestre for a change. If we dock at the commercial port and are allowed to disembark from there, we can hope that taxi drivers won't overcharge for such a short ride - 'Que sera, sera'! We know it's easy enough to get around so won't sweat the small stuff and are excited for another European adventure!

Why would the information not be useful? Sounds like you will be lucky and doch in Venice, whereas we will dock in Mestre when we depart in April

Mestre is right on the train line two stops from Venice or about 7 minutes. The cost is 1 euro each way.

I emailed the Venice port authority about our Equinox cruise and they responded right back. They stated that for our June cruise we would be docking at the Venice terminal and not the Marghera terminal. Berths (terminal numbers) have not been assigned at this time.

Then hopefully our 6/14 Venice to Istanbul sailing on the Equinox will also depart the Venice terminal, keeping my fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Celebrity (for Equinox in July) have just emailed me with GREAT NEWS:

We have contacted our Deployment Department in regards to your inquiry and they have advised that we will be using the same pier as we have in the past.

Port of Venice

Venezia Terminal Passeggeri

Santa Marta Fabbricato

:D

I see that a number of people have worries about where to stay if going to do a pre-cruise stay in Venice. We took the chicken route and booked it through Princess - not only do we have a water taxi to the hotel from the airport but they are going to get us to the right departure area from the hotel.

I can't get 2014 schedules to show up with that link. How did you find yours?

Maybe I jumped the gun... I guessed if Princess listed it in my departure port (which wasn't there before), it was scheduled. But the Regal doesn't show as listed in the port schedule yet.