The good the bad and the ugly from my adventures on the Carnival Splendor

lovelearnteach

After reading this review I feel, ...........  

195 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this review I feel, ...........

• angry!
    • sad.
    • this person should not write any more reviews!
    • confused, really just unsure how I feel about it.
    • entertained.
    • informed.
    • better for having read it.

OMG I thought I was prepared for the amount of walking, but not even close :o! After dinner we both pretty much collapse in bed once we get back to the hotel :D:).

We've had an awesome day, we certainly ate like kings all day! We have to be up early to catch the subway to Battery Park tomorrow morning. We have 9:00a.m. Pedestal Passes for the Statue of Liberty.

Believe it or not, after all the CCL cruises we have been on, we have never tried the steak house. We are content with the MDR, but I am thinking of booking it for our Feb. cruise lst night to get the free bottle of wine and experience what everyone raves about! What is the additional price and does anyone know where I can find a sample menu? TIA

Believe it or not, after all the CCL cruises we have been on, we have never tried the steak house. We are content with the MDR, but I am thinking of booking it for our Feb. cruise lst night to get the free bottle of wine and experience what everyone raves about! What is the additional price and does anyone know where I can find a sample menu? TIA

As always, Sarge comes through

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Bloggers2012/menus/prime.htm

Not sure if youre still in town. but check out LIPS on East 56th ST!

its a Drag Queen Restaurant .. the queens serve you AND do shows while u eat .. its a BLAST !!!!!

Foods good too ... dinner and Sunday brunch .. we love it there!!

Oh dang no we are back home in the Lou. That sounds so awesome, we totally would have gone, darn :(:).

Next time :eek::D:)! We have a similar restaurant here in St. Louis called Hamburger Mary's, they bring the bill in a high heel show :D, kitschy but cute.

"We went through Central Park on our way."

Through the park, Bitterman!

- Dudley Moore

"Arthur"

bitterman.png

:D I love that movie! I wasn't thinking of that, but just one time getting into a taxi I wanted to say the address and "step on it" :D. I didn't, but I wanted to :D;):)

Thank you! My mouth is watering! OP, can you tell me what the price was? Thanks!

Karry, the price is $35./pp tip included. Of course alcoholic drinks are extra, except the free wine if you go the first night.

You can get great deals in New York City for Hotels by using Priceline ,Hotwire or checking out Travelzoo . Last year I got the Cassa Hotel for $179 with free internet. I have also gotten the Sheraton Times Square for about $150 .The Cassa is nicer since it is near Times Square but not in it .

The pics are much bigger and better now! How do you do it?

Well first let me say I'm not a techy at all :p.

It's so easy it's embarrassing :o, I just copied and pasted them from my facebook album, I had no idea it was that simple. For whatever techy reason you can't copy and paste from your computer, but you can copy and paste them from an internet site such as facebook or photobucket, etc., etc :D:), who knew.

Oh dang no we are back home in the Lou. That sounds so awesome, we totally would have gone, darn :(:).

Next time :eek::D:)! We have a similar restaurant here in St. Louis called Hamburger Mary's, they bring the bill in a high heel show :D, kitschy but cute.

If you'd like, drop me an email sometime (F27TW@aol.com) .. u'd be a pleasure to know and chat with!

And i'll gladly meet up with u guys in the city sometime on ur next visit and do the tourist thing with you .. and we'll cap it off with some dinner and drinks at Lips! LOL

You seem like alotta fun!

We like to try all the for fee culinary experiences on each line we try. We've tried almost the venues on Princess. So it was the steak house or the Chef's Table, this cruise. We are also content with the MDR for dinner. We just like to try everything once at least.

It was $35pp on the Splendor, which is more than we paid on Princess, but the service was better, way better on Splendor! The food was equal though. The free bottle of wine was really good wine I thought, but I'm no connoisseur of wine!

I posted the menu in a thumbnail, here let me repost it for you with my new pic posting method :eek::rolleyes:;):D.

941828_10201203779284213_336625154_n.jpg

1510874_10201203779564220_1467611427_n.jpg

Well first let me say I'm not a techy at all :p.

It's so easy it's embarrassing :o, I just copied and pasted them from my facebook album, I had no idea it was that simple. For whatever techy reason you can't copy and paste from your computer, but you can copy and paste them from an internet site such as facebook or photobucket, etc., etc :D:), who knew.

Thanks for the info! I like easy things too :D

:DHow dare you post a link to another shotty fly by night site, I know all, I see all, I am supreme ruler, oh wait I need to stop playing angry birds star wars while writing at the same time ;):rolleyes::D:).

I know I'm a dork ;).

Karry, the price is $35./pp tip included. Of course alcoholic drinks are extra, except the free wine if you go the first night.

To me if your going to go you might as well go the night you get free wine, unless you absolutely don't drink, just my opinion :).

To me if your going to go you might as well go the night you get free wine, unless you absolutely don't drink, just my opinion :).
I agree absolutely with that! Was it crowded the lst night? Just wondering if I should book it before we sail or wait until we get on the ship.

You can get great deals in New York City for Hotels by using Priceline ,Hotwire or checking out Travelzoo . Last year I got the Cassa Hotel for $179 with free internet. I have also gotten the Sheraton Times Square for about $150 .The Cassa is nicer since it is near Times Square but not in it .

Good tips, thank-you, I checked all those sites and more and ended up getting the best deals through the hotels websites themselves :).