Hotels near Orlando airport

meinnj4

Can anyone recommend a hotel that is near the Orlando airport. We are flying in the night before our cruise but don't arrive until 9:30 PM. I would rather stay near the airport(we will have a rental car) and drive to Port Canaveral the next morning. I figured that would give us time to stop at a store as well to pick up some soda and shampoo etc.. so I don't have to worry about the weight in my luggage.

Try the Orlando Airport La Quinta Airport North. The hotel is very clean and in a good area 5 min from the airport. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, many of which are open later if you need to have a late meal upon arriving. They offer a nice discount if you have AAA or AARP as well. I have stayed there once and would not hesitate to book there again.

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=171

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Just stayed at the Homewood suites at orlando airport as we also came in late - lovely clean and almost new hotel - was great as we were able to get a 2 bed/2 bath suite for the 5 of us instead of getting 2 rooms - breakfast and airport shuttle included.

Probably lots of answers that are different. At Airport we like the Renaissance. Has shuttle too. The Hertz lot is right next door.

There is also a Hyatt right in the airport proper. Then you could pick up your car the next morning.

Hyatt inside airport, Springhill Suites, Renaissance, Embassy Suites airport, all good choices and easy walking distance to restaurants like Chili's and Tony Roma's. I have stayed at all and they are all good and have shuttle. Also have stayed at Marriott but it is a little isolated from food spots. Also, hotels in Airport area are cheaper than staying in cocoa beach as well, so not a bad choice for you to make .

Probably lots of answers that are different. At Airport we like the Renaissance. Has shuttle too. The Hertz lot is right next door.

There is also a Hyatt right in the airport proper. Then you could pick up your car the next morning.

I am at that Renaissance right now. It's older property which has been updated, but there are little issues.so it's not one of my favorites. Tub/Shower dripped water all night in my room. .

I've also stayed at the Hyatt Place, Courtyard, Country Inn & Suites, Marriott, LaQuinta which are all in the same area. None of those stood out as any better than the other, they are all about equal.

Agreed many of the above are all the same - I usually do like to check trip advisor to see ratings and what people have experienced - the two that stand out are Homewood Suites and Hampton inn and suites (both located at gateway village/airport).....rated #2 and #3 respectively - so if you might want to check those out.... :)

That being said I am going to be in that area again soon - and found the country inn and suites airport on a discount site for approx $70 a night - so I may be booking that as it's only for one night pre-cruise!