Solo Cruiser

Malamel

I went on my first cruise last year, and I'm hooked now. I'm not a big travel person, mainly because I don't want to deal with flights, hotels, etc. I like having a big floating hotel that takes me to different places.

Anyway, I don't like the drama and hassle that comes with going on a trip with a big group, so I want to do my own thing this time. I was looking into the 12 day Southern Caribbean from NY in either Jan or Feb 2015. I didn't want to go on a huge ship, but I like the Studio cabin concept and the fact that going solo on a smaller ship would be the same price for a shorter trip, due to not having a roommate.

Does anyone have any review, pictures, anything? about the Breakaway studios? Thanks in advance

Hi, I was on the "Breakaway" this past October and went "solo"~~I had a solo cabin but at the last minute got a great deal on a balcony~~but went almost every night to the social gathering at the solo cabin meeting lounge~~it was just great~~went to dinner with some, did the ice bar with some and did the spice H20 dance parties with them and of course met some people along the way and did things with them in Bermuda! You will love the "Breakaway! Doing an 11-day on the Gem in the Fall of "2014", of course by myself! :)

I'm curious what the average age group is for the solo cruisers? I'm thinking about going on the 2/2 Breakaway from NY to Bahamas to get out of the Maine weather for a week.

It all depends.....From early 20's to 70's it all is just a microcosm of the general cruising public. That was on a 7 day Caribbean on the EPIC last March. :)

Hi, I was on the "Breakaway" this past October and went "solo"~~I had a solo cabin but at the last minute got a great deal on a balcony~~but went almost every night to the social gathering at the solo cabin meeting lounge~~it was just great~~went to dinner with some, did the ice bar with some and did the spice H20 dance parties with them and of course met some people along the way and did things with them in Bermuda! You will love the "Breakaway! Doing an 11-day on the Gem in the Fall of "2014", of course by myself! :)

I have sailed solo on several lines for the past five years, with my 9th cruise coming up in January. NCL is by far my favorite. However, I prefer the smaller ships for their more intimate atmosphere. Often one can book a double cabin for a reasonable price by shopping carefully.

While I have not tried the studio cabins yet on the newer ships, have been quite delighted with my inside cabin on several NCL cruises. They also hold meetings for singles in the evenings & you can share a table in the dining rooms if you

so desire.