Sydney Harbour Tonight - Any Ships ?

Gail360

The Pacific Pearl is at Point Piper Buoy Sun 26th until 1800hrs until the the Seabourne Odyssey leaves White Elephant Bay( 1600 hrs) then the Pearl will go to White Bay and stay overnight. Nothing at the OPT. They get in the way of people watching the fireworks and paying exorbitant prices at the OPT restaurants.

What a shame ....

Probably be one or two doing overnight stays on Australia Day tho' :)

When Norwegian Star was here she did an Australia Day cruise. We sat in the harbour off Point Piper tied to a buoy thats out there. The ship was used as a marker for the ferry races. At night however , we had to return to Darling Harbour so as not to spoil the view of the fireworks.

At least there won't be any complaints about the ships blocking the view of the fireworks like the Radiance of the Seas last year.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/a-ship-view-of-sydneys-nye-fireworks/story-e6frg6n6-1226545845713

Judging by the photo you would have to be standing awfully close to the ship not be be able to see the fireworks..... They go off in the sky don't they?........ Maybe the "thousands" who had the night ruined can try again this year:eek:

We were on that Radiance cruise - and New Year in the harbour was wonderful! :) This year we had to watch it on TV :(. At least I can say we've done it, and done it in style (with free champagne)!

And yes - I can't believe we really could have been blocking the whole view when you look at the harbour from a distance.

Edited by Cassicruiser

We were on that Radiance cruise - and New Year in the harbour was wonderful! :) This year we had to watch it on TV :(. At least I can say we've done it, and done it in style (with free champagne)!

And yes - I can't believe we really could have been blocking the whole view when you look at the harbour from a distance.

Yeah we had a great time last year and yes I agree that given the position we were given little impact to those around the Harbour would have actually occurred.

It just wasn't the same watching it all on TV this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah we had a great time last year and yes I agree that given the position we were given little impact to those around the Harbour would have actually occurred.

It just wasn't the same watching it all on TV this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to change the subject of this thread a bit, but just saying hi to Tangogulf! I see you're cruising again in a couple of days - where are you off to? We are cruising again too, leaving from Singapore on Sunday for a 2 week cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Caron

Sorry to change the subject of this thread a bit, but just saying hi to Tangogulf! I see you're cruising again in a couple of days - where are you off to? We are cruising again too, leaving from Singapore on Sunday for a 2 week cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Caron

Thx Caron - yep. Fly out to Auckland tomorrow to join Celebrity Solstice for a 14 nighter around NZ and Aus. Looking forward to it. Just the DW and I this time. Hope you also have a wonderful time on your trip. Rgds Tony

• 2 months later...

This year, we got the highest deck of the cruise and we could see everything that were not able to see from the land. I went with my friends to visit the super new year’s eve with Magistic Cruises on Sydney Harbour. Worth the visit. The fireworks was amazing and we had tons of fun! It was my first and best cruise ever. I would surely have a second cruise soon in the coming