For those that cruise Galveston / Navigator

LMaxwell

Holy Cow!! I looked at this earlier today, and there were no Jr Suites available, but looked again tonight, and lo and behold, there were 3!! YEAH!! My sister and I will be on this sailing!! Or at least I hope we will.....I put the cabin on hold, tried to call RC to put down the deposit, and they are on holiday???? What are the chances that we will actually be able to cruise on this one????

Barb

Bummer, I was on tonight, too, saw another price drop (which is now gone), but no JS's. Guess I'll keep checking back. Yea, I thought it odd, too, that they were on "holiday" both the C&A #, and regular #. I have a cabin on hold, that I wanted to finish out... I'm ready to just pay the deposit online. But, how do you do that??

You actually have a bigger cabin now good job

Thank you!! I tried to get the hump cabin my friend above "Nancy", who is sailing on SOS with me in February, told me about but they were all gone. Thats ok tho, I am so super excited about a balcony, never ever thought I would be able to do that, but shoot, that price, this girl jumped!!

Thanks again!!

Ohhhh, ok, thanks for telling me. RCCL is closed tomorrow according to the rep I spoke with, if a person put a hold on today via online, won't it automatically fall out tomorrow when they are not there? The rep extended mine because of the holiday, just hoping alot of ppl don't get disappointed thinking they have a hold only to find out it has slipped away!!

Ohhhh, ok, thanks for telling me. RCCL is closed tomorrow according to the rep I spoke with, if a person put a hold on today via online, won't it automatically fall out tomorrow when they are not there? The rep extended mine because of the holiday, just hoping alot of ppl don't get disappointed thinking they have a hold only to find out it has slipped away!!

Kelly,

Your hold does expire after a 24 hour period. RCL will notify you that your hold has expired. However, if you're on top of it, you can go extend your hold for another 24 hour period, and hope that prices haven't jumped up. If you booked thru a TA, you can always go hold the cabin yourself, and then transfer it to them, and get the same price. Does this make sense?

Nancy

Yes Ma'am, it sure does. Don't forget to email me in case you need my phone #. With so many cabins available, I just wonder if a massive group cancelled or something? I guess I am nosey, but I sure would like to know why so many rooms this close so cheap?

Over on the right there's the "Total" box etc and there's a space under the price to enter "Promo Code".

Trouble is, when you do that (at least when I tried for "D" balcony), the rate jumps - surprise :)

Edited by pspercy

Over on the right there's the "Total" box etc and there's a space under the price to enter "Promo Code".

Trouble is, when you do that (at least when I tried for "D" balcony), the rate jumps - surprise :)

Ah ha, I see it now, thanks!

Looks like it works if you don't have the military special pricing selected, not sure about other special prices. The only available category with this promo & the military was just an ocean view, not a balcony. The military price is still better so I'll just stick with that. I'm looking at a room for 3. I see how the price jumps though if you price a room for 2.

Oh well...

Thanks again!

Edited by KITKAT0229

YOURWOW is not valid PROMO code when I remove the 4-letter limit.

The new WOW $300 OBC is only for January 1+ bookings, most of us are probably December 31... not sure how lucky we'll be.

Anyone know if the room is automatically moved back into Inventory or is there a wait period if one Cancels and rebooks?

YOURWOW is not valid PROMO code when I remove the 4-letter limit.

The new WOW $300 OBC is only for January 1+ bookings, most of us are probably December 31... not sure how lucky we'll be.

Anyone know if the room is automatically moved back into Inventory or is there a wait period if one Cancels and rebooks?

You have to enter the promo code before you select your cabin category.

The box you enter the code in is under the orange total box on the right and says Enter Offer Code.

I know that's true for the wow sale but I'm not sure about other promos. You'll still get your pricing but you won't get the obc if they go back and invalidate it. So it wouldn't hurt to try I don't think. I suppose you could always call and ask once they open up again.

As I posted earlier, we are booked! :)

We've never sailed out of Galveston and I am soon finding it is a logistical headache! Worked all afternoon on hotels, all sold out or way too expensive, most likely because it is Memorial Day weekend.

Booked one hotel at the airport, but really wanted to stay at the cruise port and now trying to find the best transportation to and from the port.

Super shuttle is ok with us.

Galveston experts....Any suggestions? ;)

I just booked a room at Country Inn & Suites Galveston. Paid $269 with AAA discount. They have a shuttle from Hobby airport to the hotel for $9 per person one way. They also offer a shuttle to the port for $14 per person round trip (according to the sleepy sounding person I spoke with when I called the hotel). I am going to call back later today to confirm all this.

The web site said my card would be billed at the time of reservation but is fully refundable up to May 22. Since I am not sure my son will be able to get this week off of work getting a full refund was important to me.

I'm now seeing a Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate for Navigator May 25 sailing. Will I be able to apply it to my reservation made yesterday?

Good question. Used to be you could apply a savings certificate to an existing reservation no matter when the cruise was booked. A few months back they started to limit the certificates to cruises booked in the same quarter as the when certificate came out. They backed off on that, but it sounded like they were planning to restrict it sometime. Since today is a new quarter, we don't yet know if the policy has changed.

I'm now seeing a Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate for Navigator May 25 sailing. Will I be able to apply it to my reservation made yesterday?

I think that certificate expired last night? I don't think the new ones have loaded, yet?

The Savings Certificate for 5/25/14 Navigator I saw expired 12/31/13.

I just booked a room at Country Inn & Suites Galveston. Paid $269 with AAA discount. They have a shuttle from Hobby airport to the hotel for $9 per person one way. They also offer a shuttle to the port for $14 per person round trip (according to the sleepy sounding person I spoke with when I called the hotel). I am going to call back later today to confirm all this.

The web site said my card would be billed at the time of reservation but is fully refundable up to May 22. Since I am not sure my son will be able to get this week off of work getting a full refund was important to me.

I would double check on the shuttle prices, I have them, but not at home right now. If I recall the shuttle from Hobby is $39 for 2. Also, on the Country Inns web site the AAA discount rate is $225. Will not bill until you stay and refundable.

Edited by golfpccc

Thank you so much for your kindness in sharing your find OP!!! I have a hold on room 7584, I have never had a balcony, couldnt afford it!! Does this look like a good balcony? No obstruction? Also, not even sure who is going with me, hopefully don't have to put a name on it for a while?

Thanks for all help!!

Kelly

Hello everyone,

I tried yesterday to get a JS when I was reading CC on my phone. My phone quit on me twice. When it went through all the JS's were gone. But I did get a super deal on a balcony with senior, military, FL resident and D+ balcony discount.

SO the question is: Which balcony cabins on the Navigator have an obstructed view? Where can I find this information on the website?Thanks!