Non-alcohol Drink Packages worth it for CL guests on Allure?

karmacats

I think the title says it all. :D

DH and I just upgraded to a suite on our Allure cruise next month, which will be our first time on Royal with access to the Concierge Lounge.

Before the upgrade, DH was thinking of getting the soda package, and I was considering the $20/day non-alcohol package (Royal Replenish?).

Does the CL have cans of soda? Mixed drinks (pina coladas and the like)? Good hot chocolate? Also, presuming there's a mini-fridge in the room (we'll be in a crown loft suite), are the drinks in there complementary? The only time we've sailed concierge was on Disney, and there everything in your mini-fridge was included, but Royal's perks seem pretty different than Disney's.

Thanks for any info!

I think the title says it all. :D

DH and I just upgraded to a suite on our Allure cruise next month, which will be our first time on Royal with access to the Concierge Lounge.

Before the upgrade, DH was thinking of getting the soda package, and I was considering the $20/day non-alcohol package (Royal Replenish?).

Does the CL have cans of soda? No cans of Soda in the CL and technically you are not allowed to take anything out of the CL, though enforcement can vary. Mixed drinks (pina coladas and the like)? Good hot chocolate? Hot chocolate is available for free anywhere on board Also, presuming there's a mini-fridge in the room (we'll be in a crown loft suite), are the drinks in there complementary? Yes there is a mini fridge with cans of Soda and some sweets. Nothing from the fridge is free!!!The only time we've sailed concierge was on Disney, and there everything in your mini-fridge was included, but Royal's perks seem pretty different than Disney's.

Thanks for any info!

If the package is worth? I can´t tell you, but my answers to some of your questions are above.

We were in a suite last July and booked one again on the Allure for next July.

We also get the soda package.

We visit the CL before dinner for 1-2 mixed drinks or glass of champagne.

At dinner DH will get a drink, I usually do not.

We do not drink (alcohol) too much during the day, but get sodas frequently.

We never asked to take out a drink from the CL, and did not see any one do it.

If you plan on enjoying a drink thru out the day depending on your needs, you may want to look into getting one of the packages.

Sea Ya

They certainly do have canned soda in the CLs on the ships I've had access to that lounge. Even DL on the Liberty and Serenade ships I've gotten can soda. We were't D+ when on the Allure. I know because I will only drink soda from a can; do not like when they can water it down.

However, as others mention you cannot take the can out of the lounge.

On our recent Legend sailing, we'd get to the CL for the evening and the waitress had about 15 soda cans on her buffet and she opened them all. ugh. Not many sodas were being served, so if you didn't order a soda right away, it would sit there going flat. One night they were so packed, my daughter said we'd move to the Diamond event in Anchors aweigh if they would give her a couple of cans of coke as they weren't serving cans at that event. They gave us three cans of soda to take out.

Thanks so much to everyone! This is _exactly_ the info I needed.

I think we will still get the soda package for DH and the Replenish package for me - if we can't take soda out of the lounge, and there are no blender or frozen pina-colada-like drinks there, the packages will make sense for us.

I'm disappointed we can't take food and drinks out of the lounge - one of our favorite things to do on Disney was to bring a plate of treats onto our balcony and have a snack on our lounge chairs. Oh well. I'm addicted to the little ham and cheese croissants at the Cafe Promenade, so I'll just have to get some of those for my balcony snacking. :D

Thanks so much to everyone! This is _exactly_ the info I needed.

I think we will still get the soda package for DH and the Replenish package for me - if we can't take soda out of the lounge, and there are no blender or frozen pina-colada-like drinks there, the packages will make sense for us.

I'm disappointed we can't take food and drinks out of the lounge - one of our favorite things to do on Disney was to bring a plate of treats onto our balcony and have a snack on our lounge chairs. Oh well. I'm addicted to the little ham and cheese croissants at the Cafe Promenade, so I'll just have to get some of those for my balcony snacking. :D

If you want treats in your suite to enjoy on your balcony, order room service.

Posted via Cruise Critic Forums app.

If you want treats in your suite to enjoy on your balcony, order room service.

Posted via Cruise Critic Forums app.

Oh, definitely! I have a feeling we'll be doing that quite a bit. Who knows when we'll be in a suite again - I plan to take advantage of it as much as I can! :)