QM2: How cold is Britannia DR at night?

Marcys

Anyone recall how cool the main dining room is at night on QM2? Just trying to decide if it's worth taking up packing room with a heavier wrap.

see

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/restaurant_temperature

The approximate temperature in the restaurants is around 22 - 23 degrees centigrade / 71 - 72 degrees fahrenheit.

Anyone recall how cool the main dining room is at night on QM2? Just trying to decide if it's worth taking up packing room with a heavier wrap.

The Britannia dinning room is very comfortable . It gets warmer as one

drinks wine.

Edited by turquoise 6
gets

It also varies where you are seated. I had a table on the starboard side toward the galley and found it fine. The next week I switched over to the port side near the Britannia Club and it was chilly.

I always wear something with sleeves and found I wasn't cold but did find it noticeably cooler than the previous week.

Temps were always very comfortable. Never put off wearing a nice wrap along with your outfit. They can look stunning on formal nights!

I agree. A great way to go from average to elegant.

Yes, I also agree.

Not too long ago on QM2, I complemented a woman in the elevator on white feather wrap she was wearing. The wrap looked so elegant, but I wondered if it was difficult to pack (it did look rather fragile). She assured me it packed well, and with a quick shake after unpacking, it looked as good as new.

So when I saw something similar in black on sale back home, I bought it for my next QM2 voyage, planning to wear with my new black gown. When I put it on just prior to leaving our cabin on the first formal night, I felt soooooooooo elegant. Until my husband started sneezing madly. Not a pretty sight, and all the sneezing understandably alarmed the other passengers on the way to the elevator. Returning to our cabin, I packed that beautiful black feather wrap away, with no idea of when I'll ever wear it.

Morale of the story:

Feather weight might be good, but don't hesitate to pack a heavy weight wrap :D

Cheers,

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Salacia.....That's tough not being able to wear something you love. At least you did the right thing........lose the wrap, keep the husband. :)

Thanks Brigitte. And plus, he knows I have that feather wrap sealed away in my closet, and I'm not above using it if needed. Oddly enough, he's not allergic to feather pillows, but I am. Makes me wonder whose feathers were ruffled to make that wrap. :D