Loyalty Member ( Gold) with plain baggage tags does it matter?

Kridge13

Hi

My parents, sisters, hubby and son are traveling on the Radiance In a few weeks.

We are all good loyalty club members having been On a RCI cruise before. When filling In the booking info my parents forgot to add there crown & anchor numbers. They are stating in a junior suite on deck 10. We noticed that the rest of us have 'Gold member' on our baggage tags and they do not. So my question is does that matter? Is it worth emailing and asking them email new tags? Do Crown & amchor members get there luggage first?

We would just use our buggage tags but we are level 2! Would be silly. Worth chasing up or shall we not worry. Thanks! :)

It doesn't matter what your luggage tags say, as long as they have the proper stateroom number.

However, I'd call whoever booked your cruise and get your parent's C&A number properly associated with their cruise booking. You want them to get their onboard coupons and credit for the cruise.

It never made a difference when we were gold. Our luggage came when it came, regardless of what cabin we were in. I do have to say since we became D, our luggage has been at our cabin by 2, and sometimes it's there when they open the firedoors. But, Bob is right, make sure their number is attached to them so they get credit.

Your C&A status or your cabin makes no difference in how fast you get your luggage. It's put on a cart, and off-loaded as it comes!

Because they are in a JS, they may get in the "suite" line to check in.

Well, we have no proof of how they do it, plus they can easily sort it. My point was for us, we've been getting it early the last 3 or so cruises.

Your C&A status or your cabin makes no difference in how fast you get your luggage. It's put on a cart, and off-loaded as it comes!

Because they are in a JS, they may get in the "suite" line to check in.

They would get in the "suite line" because the word "suite" is printed on the setsail pass. The luggage tag would make no difference. But, as stated above, their C&A numbers should be given to RCL ASAP so they do not miss out on any benefits/points.

Well, we have no proof of how they do it, plus they can easily sort it. My point was for us, we've been getting it early the last 3 or so cruises.

If they sort it, than most likely, they would sort based on the 4 quarters system. Each floor has 4 areas, or 4 quarters, which would eliminate the number of "trips" each person makes, and become more efficient. That's why the luggage tags are marked so. I'm sure the C&A level has absolutely not part in this. I have always got to the pier early, and my bags have always been waiting for me at 1:30. I'm also sure, the policy of "first in, first delivered" comes into play, because it is an assembly line process.

But to answer the question, the luggage tags do not matter, but what really matters, is that they will not get the coupon book, so have them add their number to the booking quickly to insure they get their coupons!!!!

It never made a difference when we were gold. Our luggage came when it came, regardless of what cabin we were in. I do have to say since we became D, our luggage has been at our cabin by 2, and sometimes it's there when they open the firedoors. But, Bob is right, make sure their number is attached to them so they get credit.

your C&A status has no effect as to when your luggage will reach your cabin. (getting yours early means you just got lucky). gold. plat., emerald, dia., dia+, and even pinnacle: we are all at the mercy as to how the luggage comes off the luggage cart........

Edited by phish tales

Thanks everyone! :)

I won't worry about getting new tags then.

We booked online ourselves via Royal Caribbean online and not sure how but somehow the C&A numbers were missing on there reservation.

I have since logged in and changed this so it is updated. I will also make sure when we check in online that it is there in all the paperwork.

Thanks for your help :)