Hilton Marina Info

spammie

Hi. We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street but I want to try some place new this time. We will arrive in FLL around 1:30pm and I was thinking about booking the Hilton Marina. Is there a Publix or anything close to walk to for wine etc.

Also anyone who has stayed there - is there a certain floor or area I should request? Thanks for any help. Wanda

We have stayed a few times, request a room on 2nd floor and looking over pool area, or marina ,not overlooking parking lot. Standard hilton, a nice pool, restaurants by the pool, good gym. You can walk around the marina , a couple of blocks to shops

Maureen

Hi. We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street but I want to try some place new this time. We will arrive in FLL around 1:30pm and I was thinking about booking the Hilton Marina. Is there a Publix or anything close to walk to for wine etc.

Also anyone who has stayed there - is there a certain floor or area I should request? Thanks for any help. Wanda

The closest store for wine is Walgreens about 2 blocks away. The best selection is at Total Wine in Harbor Shops. I had a room in the main building facing the water and it was very nice and modern.

We will be staying there in a couple of weeks. (Hilton Marina) Are there any casual restaurants nearby for a simple dinner or even take out? How about breakfast options other than at the Hilton?

Thanks,

Janet

2 blocks away there is Shula Burger, PeiWei, and Chipotle, in The Quay. There is also a casual inexpensive table service restaurant in The Quay, Bravo Italiano.

Starbucks, Einsteins, and a French bakery are a few blocks away.

Ive stayed at hilton marina 3 times and next time im staying at embassy suites, can you tell me what its like there? Hilton is nice

Hi. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites and LOVE the location. The Harbor Shops are right across the street with a Publix, Total Wine, Nail place etc. We haven't ruled out staying there but the price is way too high right now. We always take a flight later in the day so have never used the pool but the pool area is very nice. The free breakfast is really nice but it's really tough to find a place to sit. We've never been early enough for the cocktail hour.

Hi. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites and LOVE the location. The Harbor Shops are right across the street with a Publix, Total Wine, Nail place etc. We haven't ruled out staying there but the price is way too high right now. We always take a flight later in the day so have never used the pool but the pool area is very nice. The free breakfast is really nice but it's really tough to find a place to sit. We've never been early enough for the cocktail hour.

Thank you! The hilton is right across from the port so if you walk out to the 17 street bridge you can get some good pictures of your ship! Maybe you can request a room that has a port view. We also buy our soda at walgreens as its cheaper there than at the hotel

The property is nice-- it's a good walk to get to stores/ restaurants---not as convenient as the Embassy Suites for sure.

We had a room on a high floor looking north--great view watching the boats on the waterway.

It's also more expensive overall than the Embassy Suites--no breakfast or Manager's Reception--we had breakfast in the restaurant and lunch at the outdoor bar--both were pricey.

More convenient to the Water Taxi stop though--right under the bridge.

Hi, we will be staying at this hotel next month. We are due to land at 18.30 at MIA.

Does anyone have any suggestions for transport from MIA to the hotel for 4 adults and then from the hotel to the port the following morning?

I hear that it may take us a while to get through immigration at MIA. We are flying in from London. England

Thanks for any help

We're doing a similar thing in February - arriving into MIA from the UK, staying in Fort Lauderdale one night (not sure where yet) before our cruise the following day.

I think we'll be hiring a car from MIA and then dropping it off at FLL the following morning, as there are no one-way drop-off charges. Then a cab to the ship.

Same in reverse, minus a hotel stay, at the end of the cruise, which gives us the flexibility to do some last-minute shopping on the way back to MIA.

We're doing a similar thing in February - arriving into MIA from the UK, staying in Fort Lauderdale one night (not sure where yet) before our cruise the following day.

I think we'll be hiring a car from MIA and then dropping it off at FLL the following morning, as there are no one-way drop-off charges. Then a cab to the ship.

Same in reverse, minus a hotel stay, at the end of the cruise, which gives us the flexibility to do some last-minute shopping on the way back to MIA.

Hi CruiseTrekker1864,

I have booked our transfer with a FLL company. Chose them from reviews on this Forum, reasonable price for 4 adults, prompt email confirmation also.

Just printed tickets etc for our departure just need to print BA Boarding cards when online check in opens, Enjoy you cruise.