Aft Balcony on Pacific Princess

dog

We are considering the Pacific Princess Sydney to Papeete cruise in 2006 and would like input on an aft balcony cabin such as 7121.

Is this a comparable cabin to something like C752 on the Grand? Meaning extended, covered balcony, no obstructed view, desirable location on ship?

I know it is located in centre beside an owner's suite and another BA room.

Please give me your impressions of these rooms on the Pacific Princess and suggest something better. I think we are looking at Balcony rooms as opposed to the mini suites, this time.

Thanks

We tried to get this balcony for our 2007 cruise, but it was already taken, and we grabbed an aft on Deck 6 instead. I was initially concerned because the hull makes up the bottom half under the rail, and I was worried about view obstruction. Some friends that had this cabin on a previous cruise we all took said they never felt like they missed anything and could see perfectly well while seated. The balcony, I think, is larger than average, not sure how much. I think my friend said they were able to get a lounger out there along with their other two chairs. In a standard balcony, there is only room for two regular style chairs and we had two small tables that doubled as footstools. Another friend on the cruise with us had her steward bring her a lounge chair for her regular balcony, and it was the only thing that fit out there comfortably. The aft location also provided our friends a lot of wind protection. We had some stormy days at sea, and they were really the only ones using their balconies.

As for other locations around the ship - it's so small that it doesn't matter THAT much. Forward cabins on Deck 6 get a lot of thumping from the theater below (we had friends in one of the bow cabins there). If you look at the deck plan, there are a couple of cabins near the laundry room on Deck 7. The door to that facility is on the port side, so avoid those cabins if you like to nap or sleep late - it's quite a social gathering area. Other than that - I really liked being on Deck 7 because it was two flights up to the buffet and two flights down to the dining room. Makes it easy to use the stairs for exercise if that's you thing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your reply. It is very helpful. If we do this cruise I'll definately try for one of these aft cabins. thanks again. :)

Dog,

I have a few pictures of an aft balcony on the Tahitian that another CC'r sent to me. I would be happy to send it to you as well. Just e-mail me and I'll get it to you.

Julie

Thanks Julie,

I did find a good site with photos of the Pacific Princess cabins and ship.

And we finally booked the Tahitian Princess for Sept. 18, 2006 after looking at several other options. We decided on a mini suite.

I have looked at your cc site. Very helpful.Thanks. J.

Archived