Caribbean Princess Made all Ports!

azbirdmom

I had dinner in both the Crown Grill and Sabatinis. Food and service was excellent in both.

Here's the lamb chops from Crown Grill:

11397600363_a763ca0e3f.jpg

And the meal from Sabatini's (the pasta was extraordinary!)

11414970926_426631a3c1.jpg 11415098973_d4b1699f4d.jpg 11414965654_4cccd150f4.jpg

Speaking of towel animals, my steward made a few for me. I didn't ask for them, but there they were...

11399026126_9a120f1238.jpg 11414938515_1b18acf75c.jpg

OMG those portions are gigantic! Is that ONE serving of lamb chops? Or is it family style? No Crown Grill isn't family style, the other place is right? I love lamb but I think I'd only be able to maybe eat two of those chops. I count 5!

Chocolates are placed every night, I think I counted 3 different kinds they kind of rotate to match the day.

We got a towel elephant, with a letter of introduction (his name was Jumbo). He was found in a different place each day doing something different each time. He had such a good work ethic we left him his own tip at the end.

Enjoy!!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

That is so cute. I wish I had your stateroom attendant.

Heh, if you can show me anyone doing a truly new magic trick I'll give you an unpunched, unmarked Coffee Card. Seriously.

We liked the Hawleys a lot, for the pace of the show and how they presented so many illusions. 3X a night. Heh, they are such a good-looking couple that they could have been doing yo-yo routines, and DW & I would probably still have enjoyed front row. ;)

I may be biased though, by them coming to our entire Meet & Greet and charming the socks off of everyone.

See, that just goes to show how two people can watch the same thing and come up with entirely different opinions. Personally, I thought their pacing was downright terrible. I felt everything took far longer than was reasonable, reminding me of some of the *very* over produced vegas shows I've seen. I just feel they're not doing anything that stands out as being particularly noteworthy. They're the type of act that fills all those smaller theaters in vegas that all the time-share companies offer as free tickets to get you to listen to them :). Of course, I'm guessing even those folks are making a respectable living.

I've seen better magicians on Princess, and I've definitely seen worse (heck, I'm perfectly willing to walk out on an act that I think is truly bad, and I didn't do that). The price to see them is certainly reasonable on a cruise ship though :).

Could be a lot worse though. I've watched a comedian on Princess get that deer in the headlights look when he realized that absolutely nothing he was saying was funny to the audience. Can't remember what that guy's name was, but man, that was pretty painful.

So far you are the only person I have read that did not enjoy the magicians. I found them terrible. I thought I read they were from America's Got Talent or something? Nothing they did was new and not overly done. And the tired 90s metal music killed it for me. I'm wondering what all other's liked about them?

I liked the magicians. It was a diverting 45 minute show. What were you expecting on a cruise ship stage? New, never before seen tricks? Pyrotechnics? A disappearing elephant?

See, that just goes to show how two people can watch the same thing and come up with entirely different opinions. Personally, I thought their pacing was downright terrible. I felt everything took far longer than was reasonable, reminding me of some of the *very* over produced vegas shows I've seen. I just feel they're not doing anything that stands out as being particularly noteworthy. They're the type of act that fills all those smaller theaters in vegas that all the time-share companies offer as free tickets to get you to listen to them :). Of course, I'm guessing even those folks are making a respectable living.

I've seen better magicians on Princess, and I've definitely seen worse (heck, I'm perfectly willing to walk out on an act that I think is truly bad, and I didn't do that). The price to see them is certainly reasonable on a cruise ship though :).

Could be a lot worse though. I've watched a comedian on Princess get that deer in the headlights look when he realized that absolutely nothing he was saying was funny to the audience. Can't remember what that guy's name was, but man, that was pretty painful.

I am not much for magic shows so I would probably not have gone. I was on a Princess ship last November where the comedian, Cary Long, told jokes and the audience just sat there and looked at him. He simply was not funny in the least.

I had dinner in both the Crown Grill and Sabatinis. Food and service was excellent in both.

Speaking of towel animals, my steward made a few for me. I didn't ask for them, but there they were...

looks Yummy! thanks for the pics. I'm reserving them both. I've read reviews on the captains table gourmet dinner, but how much can you eat?

One guy said it was the highlight of his trip. Wonder why they call it the Monkey bridge--did anyone stay at the airport Marriott at Hobby?

Edited by doggiedad

• 2 weeks later...