Concierge Service Questions - Voyager

Hi everyone,

We have now reached the Diamond Level and are wondering what the Concierge service entails. Is it a room? If so, where is it on the Voyager? Is it really something that we will use?

Thanks,

Karen

Hi everyone,

We have now reached the Diamond Level and are wondering what the Concierge service entails. Is it a room? If so, where is it on the Voyager? Is it really something that we will use?

Thanks,

Karen

It is a room available on Radiance class and Voyager class ships; no windows on Voyager lounge (I have read this) but beautiful on Radiance class.

I used CC every morning for breakfast and for HH every evening. It was a lovely room with great views and the Concierge made my dinner reservations, made some recommendations for things to do in port and was in general a pleasure. The other guests were well travelled and interesting to speak with. I enjoyed the intimate setting and the child free enviroment in the evenings. There was a PC in there for internet use (fee).

Whether you use it or not will likely depend on whether you enjoy what it has to offer. The European style continental breakfast was more than adequate for me and I was sometimes the only one there. I was able to read the news and enjoy the company and conversation of the Concierge.

It is not always staffed, but always open and can be a nice quiet spot to enjoy, if that is your desire.

To add to caviargirl's post -- there is a do-it-yourself bar in the lounge every evening to go along with the snacks provided!

They have games and DVDs to lend as well. I understand that the coffee is very good in there, too. We never made it to the lounge in the AM.

--Judy

It is a room available on Radiance class and Voyager class ships; no windows on Voyager lounge (I have read this) but beautiful on Radiance class.

I used CC every morning for breakfast and for HH every evening. It was a lovely room with great views and the Concierge made my dinner reservations, made some recommendations for things to do in port and was in general a pleasure. The other guests were well travelled and interesting to speak with. I enjoyed the intimate setting and the child free enviroment in the evenings. There was a PC in there for internet use (fee).

Whether you use it or not will likely depend on whether you enjoy what it has to offer. The European style continental breakfast was more than adequate for me and I was sometimes the only one there. I was able to read the news and enjoy the company and conversation of the Concierge.

It is not always staffed, but always open and can be a nice quiet spot to enjoy, if that is your desire.

On the Voyager the lounge is on deck 9 between the port and starboard elevators. It is behind the frosted glass panels and you should receive a key to the lounge in your stateroom on the first day.

We enjoyed it every day on our cruise and the Concierge will get Ice show tickets for you and make your Portofino's reservations as well as answer any questions you mauy have.

The concierge on the Mariner was priceless during our Hurricane altered cruise. I had booked private excursions for Cayman Islands and Cozumel and he called them from the ship to cancel and make sure I received a refund. He then booked our excursions for Nassau. It really relieved a lot of stress! Also, the latte machine is awesome and available 24/7.

I recently realized that since I'm a Diamond member we'd have access to the Concierge lounge. I did a search on past posts regarding it and it sounds really nice to me, I will definitely check it out. The latte machine sounds wonderful! The concierge will get you tender and luggage tags for disembarkation etc. Here is a link to some pictures that I found of the concierge lounge on the Jewel of the Seas. Looks nice.

http://community.webshots.com/album/157779775gFmGYU

I recently realized that since I'm a Diamond member we'd have access to the Concierge lounge. I did a search on past posts regarding it and it sounds really nice to me, I will definitely check it out. The latte machine sounds wonderful! The concierge will get you tender and luggage tags for disembarkation etc. Here is a link to some pictures that I found of the concierge lounge on the Jewel of the Seas. Looks nice.

http://community.webshots.com/album/157779775gFmGYU

Thanks for the great pictures. We have 4 months untill our back to back cruise on the Radiance and the concierge makes the cruise so special.Ohhhhhh, now I can't stop thinking about it.

When we were on the Radiance in May, the conceige was "Willie" he was great, went over and above his duties, and made our cruise even more special. He even has a little farewell show for you on the last night. He will enjoy his service very much.

And the drinks are free from 1730 to 2000 every night. The Cappuchino is very good and also free 24 hours a day. The ice show tickets you get from the Concierge are for any show, you can go as many times as you like.

If he/she does any extra things for you, don't forget to tip them.

All are there in the evening and all that we have had mix the drinks for you.

My wife loved the caviar in the morning along with the smoked salmon. Don't know if they still (or all) have that but the ones we have been in have had the caviar & salmon.

I am a Diamond Member and my sister has only been on 1 RCI cruise, so she isn't. If we travel together as we plan to do, will she also be able to go to the Concierge Lounge or will I only? Thanks for the info.

Katie

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Karen

Hey Karen :D

We are sailing on the Voyager and I had the same questions, so I wrote to the C&A for a description of the services and this is the reply.

*Please note that the Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in staterooms of Category GS and above or our Diamond and Diamond Plus members.

The lounge is accessible twenty-four hours a day with the yellow key given to each guest in these categories. We respectfully request that guests use footwear and appropriate dress while in the lounge, the lounge has also been designated a smoke-free area.

The Concierge is available to guests with any special requests they may have. The concierge is available in the Concierge Lounge daily from 8:30 am – 11:30 am and from 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM.

We limit access to the Concierge club to our guests 18 years and older after 5:00 PM. All other times 18 years and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.

Concierge Club guests are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the ship. For their convenience, here is a brief summary of those services. Concierge Club Offers:

Personalized stationary available.

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8 AM until 10 Am

Hors d’oeuvres and petit fours served in the lounge, beginning the second evening, before and after dinner respectively

An honour bar (self service bar with no fee) is available for your convenience

Reserved time (does not include private lessons) for Ice Skating and Rock Climbing, please register before the second evening of the cruise

Reservations for Portofino restaurant and Explorations Tours

Appointments for the Salon or for Spa Treatments

Tickets for the Ice Show – available in the Concierge Lounge beginning the second night of the cruise

Movies and CD’s are available to borrow during concierge desk hours

Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering of your dinner wine

Assistance with arrangement of private parties -Business services (assistant with faxing or copying).

Use of a portable ship phone

The concierge works within the Purser’s division on board and can also help with any cash transactions, special requests or concerns that the guest may have.

Sounds pretty good to me! :p

Archived