Platinum perk laundry

njsonja

is it one bag of laundry per cruise? or per 7 days? or how does that work? i'm going on a 14 day cruise...

thanks,

sonja

One bag per cruise. It is all you can put in the bag (wash & fold). If needed, you can also take advantage of the $25 bag special when it is offered.

you will receive a certificate for 1 bag for each platinum member for a 7 day cruise to be used on the day they have the laundry special. On cruises of longer than 7 days, just fill the bag and write your status on the laundry list.

you will receive a certificate for 1 bag for each platinum member for a 7 day cruise to be used on the day they have the laundry special. On cruises of longer than 7 days, just fill the bag and write your status on the laundry list.

It's one per cruise, not every 7 days. You can use it any day, not just on the bag special day. If you do another bag special the second week, even if you put Platinum on the bag, you will be charged for it since the certificate is one per cruise.

My answer is based on our 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Star this past October.

Edited by NMLady

• 2 weeks later...
It's one per cruise, not every 7 days. You can use it any day, not just on the bag special day. If you do another bag special the second week, even if you put Platinum on the bag, you will be charged for it since the certificate is one per cruise.

My answer is based on our 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Star this past October.

We were on the Jewel Panama Canal cruise and used 1 each per week for a total of 4.

Why that doesn't seem fair? The perk is to get a free bag of laundry per cruise, not a free bag of laundry per 7 days onboard.

Fair? Fair as what?

Every time I see an adult use the term "fair", I cringe.

So many words to share.... so little is appropriate.

Bottom line, they could just as easy say 1 per cabin. Or 1 per 5 cruises. Or none at all. Their decision.

Life is not always FAIR.

We were on the Jewel Panama Canal cruise and used 1 each per week for a total of 4.

How did you get two each?? When I used a second one for the second week, even though it wasn't charged to my shipboard account then, it was charged to my credit card later.

Why that doesn't seem fair? The perk is to get a free bag of laundry per cruise, not a free bag of laundry per 7 days onboard.

Doesn't seem fair because if a person takes two separate 7 day cruises, not back to back they get a bag special each 7 days. But if I take a 14 day cruise I only get one bag special.

Doesn't seem fair because if a person takes two separate 7 day cruises, not back to back they get a bag special each 7 days. But if I take a 14 day cruise I only get one bag special.

It is not meant to be "FAIR", whatever that means.

Once per cruise, you get this perk.

You get priority disembarkation ONCE per cruise. Same with embarkation.

You get one welcome aboard gift PER CRUISE.

If it is so darn unfair, then take 7 day cruises.

Somebody make it stop. Please!

Dont get so dirty and one bag will suffice :D

I still think there should be an exchange board somewhere here on CC.

Exchange your booz for my wine , Le Bistro coupon , laundry bags, ship pins , ect ect.

We end up using half the stuff and would gladly pass it on . Most certainly the champagne ...:cool: Last cruise we let a Le Bistro for 2 go to waste , just could not get around to it..

It is an extra that I am not paying for. And I am grateful. NCL dies not have to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My thoughts: We all have to remember, we are paying nothing for the frequent guests perks. I will take whatever I can get. Well. I take that back; we hate the bubbly so we do exchange it for red wine..lol

• 4 weeks later...

Just off the Sun on a 12 day cruise. We used laundry service twice - were not charged. We are both Platinum.

The Cruise Consultant told us, though, the service is one complimentary bag per stateroom, not per person. Apparently the Powers that Be changed the rules recently. I just looked at my Latitudes account and it says Platinum - complimentary laundry service - no mention of length of cruise or per stateroom, etc.