Can I make a 10:20am flight out of FLL?

Rosethorn40

Walked off the Ruby this morning at 705 into the terminal with only three Customs Agents and I was about 150th in line. We got outside to a line of taxis as far as one could see and was at the gate at FLL at 745, two full hours before our 945 departure.

Mike:)

I know Right! :D

A few cruises ago I was in the same dilemma. Book a 10:20 non stop flight for a reasonable costs or book one with stops (I'm a nervous flier so I hate going up and down any more than I have to) or pay the high fee for the later non stop flight.

I debated and debated the 10:20 because we have never had a problem coming back in late on any of our cruises but there is always that first time. A medical emergency, man overboard and have to search...lot's of things could happen and we could be late. The non stop flight was a LOT more later in the day so I booked the other flight and just told myself I would have to take an extra "calm me down" pill. I was very relieved later when Southwest dropped the price of the later non stop flight and we were able to change to that flight for about the same fare. We rented a car and just had a leisurely day in Fort Lauderdale.

Lo and behold our ship arrived back with no problems being late BUT there was an issue with extra security checks at the airport due to a box bomb or something right before we returned. We had the longest line for scanning I ever encountered and it was later in the day. I can only imagine what the lines were like earlier with a lot more cruise passengers at the airport. That could of made us late for flight so I was really relieved it worked out.

I understand wanting to be frugal but sometimes the money you save is just not worth the stress. Why end a wonderful cruise with a "Hurry up, don't want to miss that flight, rush, rush, rush".

I finally broke down and booked.....a 6:30 AM flight for the next morning. The price for afternoon flights were just crazy, $300 each, one way from FLL to BWI. So we will relax one more day in a hotel and fly out early in the morning. I booked Southwest so if the price comes down I can change and not get hit with a change fee.