Independence of the Seas

We're going on the Independence of the Seas in Feb and was wondering who has been the Cruise Director of the Indy since Oct 2013 to present? Everyone knows that the CD can make or break a cruise. We've had Richard Spacey and Graham Seymour and a woman from Ireland. The 2 guys were hilarious but the girl, she was awful. People walked out of her skit and when she talked. Her catch line was (and it never changed) was "we're almost to Ireland!" Any info would be great :D:D:D

Thank you

We had Joff Eaton in December ... didn't really care for him at all.

I have to agree with this post. Joff was nice and all but I just didn't think he had a whole lot of energy. This being said, a CD is no element in making/breaking a cruise. Personally, I don't even need to see the CD.

Tim

Sorry, totally disagree. The CD would never make or break my cruise.

I agree with this one.

I hardly even recognize the CD and I would say s/he is the least one to have an Impact on my cruise.

I think in all the many years of cruising I only remember two CD´s. One of them is only because I´ve sailed with her numerous times and we got to Chat a bit on an excursion (for that matter it again could have been any crew member) and the other I only remember because he was so highly recommended on CC and my Impression about him was what a rude, self-centered, above everyone Person he was. But even then None of them made or break my cruise.

It's just an opinion. I never said it would make/break MY cruise either, obviously because we've gone on several other ones after we had that one bad CD.We still found things to do and had a good time but have been on better ones because of the CD. But where ever you went people grumbled and complained about her as a CD. She obviously did a bad job because she's not on the website for RCCL where you can look at who the CD's are. The CD's job is to make it fun and draw you into the activities and we look forward to all the activities/skits that they do! It just makes it more enjoyable.

Most people book their cruises so far in advance that they cannot possibly consider who the CD will be before booking and paying. The manner in which a CD manages their team can make or break a cruise but it is their whole team who are important in my view.